Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Other hotel schemes Melia points expiry?

• slidey 291 posts

Is there anywhere on melias redesigned site that says when points will expire? The old one used to show it, but in the redesign its either hiding or removed.

Niall 113 posts

No idea where on the new site, but it’s in the app under my profile. However, it’s also 12 months from your last stay/earning.

MattB 261 posts

If you are worried just buy 1k points for 5euro to extend for another year

The Original Nick 112 posts

For the first time on my Melia account I have no promotions. I ususally have some 20% discounts and a Birthday discount code but nothing anymore.

sloth 315 posts

On the app, select my profile and then my points for the expiry date

@ original Nick, I still have my upgrade and 3×20% discount, despite using both several times, including at the start of Jan

tjob81 30 posts

Where on the app or web can you buy points, I’m looking for a link at the moment but am struggling 🙁

meandthekids 66 posts

I lost 50k points because I didn’t notice my points expiry had come up and went on a few days too late! Very annoyed but lesson learnt for sure.

Rich_A 94 posts

For the first time on my Melia account I have no promotions. I ususally have some 20% discounts and a Birthday discount code but nothing anymore.

Sometimes the promotions take a while to load on the new website. The first few times I checked, I saw nothing, then they appeared when I left the page open for a few extra seconds! May also be a browser issue.

Rich_A 94 posts

Where on the app or web can you buy points, I’m looking for a link at the moment but am struggling 🙁

On the app: My Profile > My Points > Buy Points

rams 223 posts

I had 262k points expiry – ouch. Lesson to check AwardWallet regularly for accounts that don’t update.

I emailed them and explained they never emailed me notice they were expiring unlike other hotel chains and I’ve been unable to travel due to becoming a father in the last year. Without telling me they re-instated my points. I will certainly look to stay with them more after that experience

rams 223 posts

Update. They then expired the points 3 months later which they say they told me (but they didn’t as you can’t see messages once closed on their website). That’s although the app showed a June 2024 expiry. I’ve opened multiple tickets since and finally one of them has reinstated my points. It states an expiry of Jan 2025 though this time they emailed me to state they expire in 3 months. Bit mad really that their system gives the wrong date.

Will activity preserve them or are they gone 100% in 3 months?

dundj 80 posts

Has your new membership year just started as it takes a few days to load them up normally.

dundj 80 posts

No idea where on the new site, but it’s in the app under my profile. However, it’s also 12 months from your last stay/earning.

Also extends if you partly use points on a future stay, great for the 2,000 point option which can give an outsized value on points.

driving14 1 post

Update. They then expired the points 3 months later which they say they told me (but they didn’t as you can’t see messages once closed on their website). That’s although the app showed a June 2024 expiry. I’ve opened multiple tickets since and finally one of them has reinstated my points. It states an expiry of Jan 2025 though this time they emailed me to state they expire in 3 months. Bit mad really that their system gives the wrong date.

Will activity preserve them or are they gone 100% in 3 months?

Sounds like they will expire in 3 mths

@davidgdevine

rams 223 posts

Thanks.

Any recommendations for best Melia to stay in Europe?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.