Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Miles & More credit card mileage protection

• Go197 78 posts

In November I received an email from M&M stating “We are happy to further extend your mileage protection until 30 June 2022”

My account still shows ~60k miles due to expire 31/03/2022.

The M&M “contact form” leads to a dead end so I phoned the service centre. They could only restate what I see in my account, which is miles expiring at the end of March. I asked to speak to a supervisor and instead they cut me off.

Anyone in a similar situation?
    Anyone have an email contact for M&M customer service?

Go197 78 posts

After 48 minutes on hold with the next person, I have been told that “there is an internal communication stating that miles will be protected until 30th June and account holders have been informed” and “be assured that the miles are protected until 30th June”.

Unfortunately I don’t have a recording of the call and my account still shows a March expiry.
    That leaves enough doubt to encourage me to book something before the end of March rather than risk a fight to reinstate miles.

If you have miles due to expire at the end of March, hang on to that email (29th November – “News about your mileage protection”) just in case.

Simon de Scoob 18 posts

Contact form doesn’t lead to a dead end — I have used it 4-5 times over the last year for precisely what you’ve posted about. Had a response every time, usually anywhere between 1-6 days later, saying that the blanket expiry waiver policy is in force and to disregard whatever my account might say. I suggest you try the contact form again — at least a reply will afford you the surety you’re after and provide reassurance and security from the horse’s mouth.

Go197 78 posts

Maybe you can help me find the contact form.

When logged into my Miles and More account, I go to Help & Contact > Customer Service > Contact Form.

It shows me a load of options, with sub-options, eg Account Statement > Mileage Expiry > Validity of Miles

Whichever option I pick, at the last option it says

“We have found 1 articles relevant to your query”, and a title eg “How long are my Miles & More award miles valid?”

At that point, nothing else happens. Clicking on anything I can see has no effect.

I’ve tried it in Chrome, Brave, Safari on MacOS and Android (starting from from the app)

ag 26 posts

I emailed M&M and they have responded with this:

After further verification, we confirm that you mileage will be protected until 30.06.2022. We apologize for the confusing information provided.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Go197 78 posts

I emailed M&M

Any chance you could share the email address? I haven’t been able to find one.

ag 26 posts
    Go197 78 posts

Thanks, but sadly

“Dear Miles & More Member,
    Thank you for your message. Regretfully, we cannot reply to your query via this channel.”

The contact form has started working again though.

I think the only safe option is to assume an end March expiry.

Go197 78 posts

Despite the “we cannot reply” auto-response, I have received a response that gives me a little more confidence.

“We do apologize for the erroneous information displayed on your account and can confirm that no miles should expire on March 31st. We can confirm that, having been the holder of a Cornercard Miles & More credit card, your miles are protected until 30 June 2022. We would like to reassure you, that, should an expiration happen by this date, please let us know in order for us to restore your miles.”

Jon 268 posts

Just to add a +1, I got my reply today:

“We confirm that your award miles are valid until 30 June 2022. So, we would recommend you to redeem them before expiry. Members can redeem their miles for an award booking, on our partner airlines, almost 11 Months in advance. Moreover, due to COVID-19, award tickets brought after 02 August 2021, can be rebooked free of charge as often as you wish before the start of travel. All Lufthansa Group and Miles & More Partner Airlines can be used.”

Good to have the rebooking policy clarified also.

Go197 78 posts

award tickets brought after 02 August 2021, can be rebooked free of charge as often as you wish before the start of travel.

Good to have the rebooking policy clarified also.

Yes, that’s very handy to know

LostAntipod 14 posts

After 48 minutes on hold with the next person, I have been told that “there is an internal communication stating that miles will be protected until 30th June and account holders have been informed” and “be assured that the miles are protected until 30th June”.

Unfortunately I don’t have a recording of the call and my account still shows a March expiry.
    That leaves enough doubt to encourage me to book something before the end of March rather than risk a fight to reinstate miles.

If you have miles due to expire at the end of March, hang on to that email (29th November – “News about your mileage protection”) just in case.

Glad i found this thread. I was just on the phone to the helpdesk who insisted my miles expire in March. Ive now used the contact form and attached the email saying June, so that I can get protected.

Just a word on rebooking award flights: the advice I got is that if a reward booking is cancelled after the mileage expiry date, the miles will expire again at the end of the quarter. Sorry , i didnt ask if that was calendar qtr or 3 months after cancellation, but at least that means you have a change to rebook.

Kowalski 105 posts

I’ve got over 230k miles due to expire on 31st March according to both the Miles & More website and the helpdesk staff over the phone. I had the Miles & More credit card.

I’ll try contacting them via the contact form but I don’t have much confidence that they have any clue what they’re doing!

Kowalski 105 posts

Just to follow up on this. I’ve just called Miles & More again and the man I spoke to said the miles will expire on 31st March 2022.

I explained again that I had held the Miles & More UK credit card until it was closed and that I had previously received an email telling me the miles were protected until 30 June 2022. I asked what had changed. I was placed on hold and after 30 minutes of waiting, with no hold music I presumed I had been cut off and gave up. I’ll have to try again soon, but doesn’t seem promising

elguiri 215 posts

I just got a new email from M&M telling me they will expire end of March, despite having received the email in Nov saying they’re protected until end of june due to holding M&M CC.
    If they don’t want to clog their lines even more, they should really correct the email. Anyone able to raise it on the twittosphere? Seeing as they corrected an issue in one of their previous emails (which was sent in chinese) by resending, I would think they are fine with admitting to their mistakes.

Kowalski 105 posts

I’ve just called Miles & More again about this. The person I spoke to told me that “All I can say is what the system is showing, and that is that your miles will expire on 31st March”. She suggested I called their global credit card line (+49 69 667 888 444). I’ve just called that but sadly I don’t speak German and their menu was 100% in German. I held and held and eventually I was connected to a human. I asked her if she spoke English and she simply replied “Nein”. I asked if she could transfer me, and she terminated the call.

Extremely disappointed with Miles & More. I have over 230k miles set to expire in 3 days despite the fact I was previously told they were protected until 30th June!

Kowalski 105 posts

Another follow up from me!

I just spent over half an hour on hold again with Miles & More and this time spoke to a gentleman named Neil. He assured me that the miles will not expire on 31st March. He said that the website information was incorrect. That the miles will be protected until 30 June 2022…

I feel a bit more relaxed about it now but still not confident for some reason.

TGLoyalty 536 posts

Not confident at all since no 1 mile protection has posted at all.

elguiri 215 posts

Not confident at all since no 1 mile protection has posted at all.

+1 it’ll be some (now-defunct) department that keys in the 1 mile protection, and everyone else knows nothing about it…

Jon 268 posts

Just in case this is useful to anyone planning to burn their potentially-expiring miles tomorrow, 31st March (and apologies if this is already widely known, but just in case not ;-). It looks like M&M release redemption seats at midnight *GMT*, so currently 1am UK time now that the clocks have changed. Latest availability appears to be up to today minus 11 days. (I wanted to book a Singapore Airlines flight for March 19th next year – checked at midnight Germany, midnight UK, and finally saw them at 1am UK / midnight GMT. I don’t know whether that might vary by route or origin country or some such, so YMMV.)

On your marks, get set… 😉

(FWIW I found the booking process very easy, even on mobile, and ticketing was instant. Although I did briefly have an issue with my credit card – seems the trick is not to check the box to use the address from your account but rather enter it manually, even if it appears identical. HTH.)

simmy954 3 posts

Same for me – Had 255K points previously protected by Corner Card…..booked flights last year to Asia during April for family and used miles to upgrade to business from Premium Economy…LH cancelled the flight last month, alternatives not suitable so got refund of miles, however as soon as they refunded they have expiry date of 31st March (Tomorrow)!
    I have located the email, dated November 29th 2021 which clearly states June 30th 2022 protection extension, so I’ve just used the contact form to send it in and ask them to sort it out. Not overly confident to be honest after the terrible customer service trying to sort out the recent cancellations, however ill post here if I get a result. If not, I suggest a large number of us get together and start a complaint campaign via Instagram or one of the channels. Maybe Instagram and use the email as the photo to publish 🙂

Go197 78 posts

Yesterday my account showed some miles due to expire on 31/3 and some on 30/6.

Today it only shows miles due to expire on 30/6, and my balance is the same.

That looked promising, but the number expiring 30/6 has not increased by the number that were due to expire today, so the suspense will continue until tomorrow

Kowalski 105 posts

That looked promising, but the number expiring 30/6 has not increased by the number that were due to expire today, so the suspense will continue until tomorrow

Just logged in to check my account and can see the same thing has happened. No miles are showing as due to expire today anymore. But the number expiring on 30 June has not increased

elguiri 215 posts

Just logged in to check my account and can see the same thing has happened. No miles are showing as due to expire today anymore. But the number expiring on 30 June has not increased

Did you check on web or in app?

In my app I still see my 100k+ miles expiring today, with about 30 miles expiring end June…

Go197 78 posts

One “M&M Credit Card Expiry Protection” award mile just posted! Yay!

(And now nothing is showing as due to expire at the end of June, which is probably misleading. Must remember they will probably expire at end June)

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.