Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Missing HSBC points and bonus transfer to avios

• Ori 35 posts

HSBC really are shocking. I upgraded to the world elite card in order to get the 40,000 bonus points on my anniversary.
    So when that came, I noticed I didn’t get the points. I called HSBC and was told (wrongly) that it’s only for new HSBC customers and I wasn’t entitled to it.
    Long story long, I raised a complaint and I was called yesterday by the complaints team who confirmed I was entitled to it, but due to a system error that they are working on, I haven’t received my points, but I will do. She said they can’t put it on manually, and I just have to wait (been 2 months already).
    On top of that, had my points arrived on time, I would have got 50% bonus transfer so instead of 20,000 avios, it would have been 30,000 avios.

I don’t believe that no one can just manually add the points to my account. Poor service all round.

Has anyone else received the 40,000 bonus after one year? I did receive the one after 3 months without issue.

points_worrier 295 posts

It was a 25% bonus avios, not 50%, so you would have got 25,000 avios for the 40,000 bonus points.

In your complaint, ask the compensation to be the current cost of purchasing 25.000 avios (it is around £400 or so). They will apply the £ credit to your account. If you wish, you can use this to purchase avios.

I was in your situation and got £335, the cost of 20,000 avios. They paid up without issue.

Mick S 271 posts

There is another thread knocking about with similar stories.

I was in the same position as you, and last week received £415 as a cash value to purchase the 25,000 missing avios, along with a nominal amount for my time and effort chasing all this stuff up.

I think all the banks are as bad as each other, although HSBC does seem to have Gold plated poor systems and processes.

Ori 35 posts

Interesting. What they’ve offered me is £40 and the 40,000 points will be credited when they fix their system. Think I will message them back and say I want the £400

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.