Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Housekeeping Missing post

• cats_are_best 98 posts

I added post…

https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/covid-travel-insurance-recommendations/page/2/#post-302728

EDIT: the pasted link is being truncated on display, the end of it is /page/2/#post-302728

…then edited it, the post vanished.

If I try to ad the same text as a new post, I get a message telling me I already posted the same thing…

Error: duplicate reply detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that.

The index says I made the most recent post…

Covid travel insurance recommendations 1 2
    15 December 2021 by Boi
    12 minutes ago by cats_are_best

The number of posts says 18, but only 17 are there.

The post is definitely not there, it is not shown in my profile either.

The post is also missing when trying a completely different browser that I’ve never used to login to HfP.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 3 months ago by .
    cats_are_best 98 posts

Just had exactly the same problem posting in the daily thread, though this time I didn’t edit, the post just isn’t there.

The post index says I made the last post.

Tried different browsers, incognito mode to make sure it’s not cookie related.

Why are these posts missing/invisible?

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    187 posts

I’ve just gone through and approved a bunch of posts.

I think we will end up tweaking the software so that the spam filter is off in the forums

cats_are_best 98 posts

Ahh, I wondered if it was something like that as I’d included links in both.

If it issued a status message such as “waiting for moderation”, it’d be alternative to simply opening up. More scalable might be to only apply the filtering on accounts less than, say, 2-3 weeks old, that controls the short-term bots as the spam is visible and the accounts just can be deleted.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.