Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Monese gift card codes

• YC 229 posts

New 10% codes (OCTOBER50/100/200/400). However, it now mentions if you have a premium account, get bigger discounts.

Anyone care to share what those extra discounts are?

YC 229 posts

Side note – Uber offering 10% if booking eurostar on their app. Stackable with this or paypal GC.

SteveJ 979 posts

Better than a kick in the teeth, but not liking the downward trend to 10% rather than 20%!

PeteM 709 posts

Better than a kick in the teeth, but not liking the downward trend to 10% rather than 20%!

Agreed!

Nigel Keya 80 posts

Agreed!

You can upgrade to Classic for 1 month (£5.75) – which entitles you to 15% discount (today). Probably plenty of availability left. £750 x 5% (ie the difference between 15% Classic and 10% on the free card) = £37.50, so you easily get your £5.75 back.

NB codes are different for the 15% discount, ie OCT50/100/200/400

Nigel Keya 80 posts

The Monese 15% discount codes are still going. as not that many people have Classic A/cs (they mostly have free a/cs, which I think are sold out for the OCTOBER codes -10%.)

Which means for £5.95 upgrade 1 month to Classic from Free card, you can still get £750 credit with 15% discount – good for petrol/ diesel discount at Morrisons.

Nigel Keya 80 posts

The Monese 15% discount codes are still going. as not that many people have Classic A/cs (they mostly have free a/cs, which I think are sold out for the OCTOBER codes -10%.)

Which means for £5.95 upgrade 1 month to Classic from Free card, you can still get £750 credit with 15% discount – good for petrol/ diesel discount at Morrisons.

Always quite amusing how people seem to love getting free 500 Avios (ie £5) – but here we’re talking about easy £112.50 free (11250 free Avios) – and nobody is interested lol

Ash 621 posts

Officially interested.

I think I’m being slow…how did you arrive at the £112.50 free (11250 free Avios)?

Nigel Keya 80 posts

Officially interested.

I think I’m being slow…how did you arrive at the £112.50 free (11250 free Avios)?

Avios just means money, you can call it 1p or 0.8p as fits your fancy.

So you can use the Monese codes to get 15% off off (see above), ie buy Morrisons giftcards for 15% off. Use them for petrol/ diesel/ whatever.

Get £750 giftcards – £112.50 free money.

Get £1500 giftcards using both 10% and 15% off codes on 2 x £750 = £187.50 free money. Though I think the 10% ones are finished, now.

AirMax 31 posts

Always quite amusing how people seem to love getting free 500 Avios (ie £5) – but here we’re talking about easy £112.50 free (11250 free Avios) – and nobody is interested lol

Hmm good point. However people are mindful of the risk of being shut down for over-using these promotions. Upgrading to Classic for a month to get 15% could be seen as not within the spirit of the promotion.

SteveJ 979 posts

There’s also the opportunity cost. Usually I’m all over the 20% promos, but have a SUB target to hit, so buying (say) £750 of grocery vouchers is £750 less going on the Amex.

This is of course all in the possibly unrealistic assumption that another one of these codes will be available in a few months when SUB targets are no longer the priority.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Because Monese usually do 20% off every couple of months or so.
    They did 15% off at least once recently, but reverted back to 20% off.
    So, it is entirely possible that they’ll do 20% off again in a few weeks time.
    Hence, I won’t be getting involved with the current offer.

Nigel Keya 80 posts

Because Monese usually do 20% off every couple of months or so.
    They did 15% off at least once recently, but reverted back to 20% off.
    So, it is entirely possible that they’ll do 20% off again in a few weeks time.
    Hence, I won’t be getting involved with the current offer.

I predict Monese won’t ever do 20% again – and if they did, it would be a once-a-year job for premium cardholders. So 15% is about as good as it gets. £750 doesn’t go very far with petrol/ diesel costs, I guess we’re looking at £3K annually ourselves, if not more – so we need 4 x £750 @ 15% to save £450, and I’ll be happy enough with that.

In reply to the other poster: I’d be amazed if Monese even realise that we’re gaming the system by upgrading for a month.

Unfortunately, round here, whilst Tesco a few miles away are still competitive on fuel, currently £1.86/ litre (diesel), at our more local 2 filling stations it’s the Issa bros and CD&R in an effective duopoly – ie Asda and Morrisons – and they are completely non-competitive on price these days, both £1.92/ litre for diesel – where they used to both be cheaper than Tesco up the road. So the 15% Monese saving is well worth it.

Ash 621 posts

Is there a soft or hard credit search for monese applications?

rio 25 posts

Is there a soft or hard credit search for monese applications?

I don’t see either hard or soft check in my credit file. According to Monese there are no credit checks – https://monese.com/gb/en/features/account-opening

Feel free to use the following code for extra £30
    RINAL459

Ash 621 posts

Thanks @rio

£30? How so? (Not that I’m complaining). £10 is the standard?

rio 25 posts

Thanks @rio

£30? How so? (Not that I’m complaining). £10 is the standard?

That is what I saw in the app. On second look it says ‘up to’ and there are 2 bonuses, first after first transaction and second after spending £500. Its not clear to me what is the split. I got £30 (20 + 10) back in Feb when I opened my account.

Ikaz 7 posts

It is back on, I just managed to get all vouchers at 10% off (didn’t try the 15% ones)

Nigel Keya 80 posts

It is back on, I just managed to get all vouchers at 10% off (didn’t try the 15% ones)

Definitely back on, 15% as well if you upgrade for a month for £5.95 (you can get both ie £1500 total for 12.5% blended discount)

Leigh 30 posts

Definitely back on, 15% as well if you upgrade for a month for £5.95 (you can get both ie £1500 total for 12.5% blended discount)

Just upgraded to Classic, but the OCT50/100/200/400 codes don’t work – “The code is not valid” is the message.

Nigel Keya 80 posts

Just upgraded to Classic, but the OCT50/100/200/400 codes don’t work – “The code is not valid” is the message.

They worked fine on Friday – hang on in there and we’ll see.

Nigel Keya 80 posts

Leigh – if it goes tuts up, you lost £5.95 – as my mate Boris said: thems the breaks – but 10% is still worth trying to see if you can get anything on the £750. I don’t think Monese would send the email out again unless there were still availability = (10% * £750) = £75 saving on your diesel etc.

Leigh 30 posts

Leigh – if it goes tuts up, you lost £5.95 – as my mate Boris said: thems the breaks – but 10% is still worth trying to see if you can get anything on the £750. I don’t think Monese would send the email out again unless there were still availability = (10% * £750) = £75 saving on your diesel etc.

Used the 10% codes in the end. Win some, lose some…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.