Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Multiple cards on Apple Pay?

• masaccio 721 posts

Anyone got multiple Avios Barclaycards on Apple Pay? Seems like the only way to add it is from the app, but the app is locked to my card.

bjd 8 posts

I haven’t been able to add my one card to AP.
    It says I need to call to verify and gives a generic number which is no help at all.

Reney 763 posts

Since you can only have one Barclaycard (unless some people with very old accounts, but none of them qualified for the Avios card), I assume this is limited to people adding spouse or other player’s cards? In which case why not ask for a supplementary card?

You don’t need the app to add the card, I did it with just the card number. Barclays never sent us a supplementary card so two phones with the same card on apple pay is ok.

I assume it should be fine if you have 2 different avios cards on the same phone, like I said no need to go via the app, neither of us did.

masaccio 721 posts

Since you can only have one Barclaycard (unless some people with very old accounts, but none of them qualified for the Avios card), I assume this is limited to people adding spouse or other player’s cards? In which case why not ask for a supplementary card?

Fair point. Her supplementary card for my account came quickly so will try that. Was just trying to avoid an additional card since I plan to cancel OH’s card as soon as we have the bonus Avios. We only need the one free card for long-term spend.

Luca M 391 posts

As a data point, I do have my two legacy Barclaycards together on my Apple Pay Wallet, albeit from a time where you could only add them manually.

masaccio 721 posts

Just realised I can add manually to Curve and use that. Silly me. New to this Curve thing.

FlyingPtarmigan 53 posts

You can add cards directly from the Apple Wallet.

Reney 763 posts

Just realised I can add manually to Curve and use that. Silly me. New to this Curve thing.

read the thread on people’s card being cancel.

masaccio 721 posts

Which one’s that? I read “Barclaycard closing my account – anyone else?” which is a bunch of contradictory speculation. It’s been fine for a couple of months for me (Curve Metal). Have just put a big transaction through for the rump of the bonus target so hopefully that is all good.

TBH I could hardly care less about getting a 60 day notice letter as I will have cancelled OH’s card before then!

Reney 763 posts

Which one’s that? I read “Barclaycard closing my account – anyone else?” which is a bunch of contradictory speculation. It’s been fine for a couple of months for me (Curve Metal). Have just put a big transaction through for the rump of the bonus target so hopefully that is all good.

TBH I could hardly care less about getting a 60 day notice letter as I will have cancelled OH’s card before then!

I believe it is that thread, I have seen Rob recommend people reading it before linking the two cards so thought I would mention it. If it is not an issue for you then that’s good.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.