How to handle consecutive cancellations on return leg
6th July 2022 at 19:17johnny
In a follow up to this earlier thread (link) Wizz Air has now cancelled two return leg flights from LJU to LTN and we are pessimistic about the likelihood of them flying tomorrow.
On each previous occasion we have chosen to rebook, and have been running up essential expenses for accommodation and food. If Wizz cancels again tomorrow, and we decide to cut our loses, accept a refund and find an alternative way home, does this absolve Wizz of their liability for both of the earlier cancellations on this same itinerary? Obviously, I don’t want to jeopardise my entitlement to reimbursement for almost a grand’s worth of hotel charges!
6th July 2022 at 19:27JDB
- This topic was modified 52 years, 7 months ago by .
Whatever you do don’t cancel the Wizz flights. If your Wizz flight is cancelled again you need to ask them to rebook you with an alternative carrier at their expense. If they refuse or if you can’t get hold of them and can demonstrate you made significant efforts to contact them, then you are entitled to make your own arrangements to get home.
There is no certainty, but you should be able to claim those reasonable alternative flight costs, plus hotel, food etc. but you will likely be out of pocket for a few weeks or possibly months if Wizz disputes liability. Hence why it is better to try and get Wizz to rebook rather than be out of pocket yourself.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Lady London on Delay with overbooking
- Travel Strong on Virgin Voyages Master Thread
- Smudgerman on Large purchase on Barclaycard Avios Plus
- RCHammer on ‘Earn 3,000 Virgin Points and get 12 bottles of wine for just £66’ offer
- SteveJ on Best SIM card for roaming internationally/US?
- JDB on Creation Financial Services bashing
- SteveJ on Chat thread – Tuesday 9th August
- bd95 on Virgin Voyages Master Thread
- Ori on Nectar auto convert competition
- Lady London on Creation Financial Services bashing
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.3 million of rooms to date. Click for details.