Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Name changes and sign-up bonus

• Carlos 758 posts

Curious to know what happens when one changes their name on their title deed

Do they get a fresh start on SUB?

JDB 4,386 posts

Well that really is hoping to stoop even further to abuse the SUB system, but the answer is no, if you change your name by deed poll which is what I assume you are talking about rather than title deed it will change nothing save make your life a bit more complicated.

Certainly you are helping to hasten a major tightening up of Amex policies.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,098 posts

Somewhere out there, Nicola Sturgeon just felt a shiver on the wind at this suggestion

JDB 4,386 posts

Somewhere out there, Nicola Sturgeon just felt a shiver on the wind at this suggestion

It will ultimately be a very small number of people who will kill the golden goose by pushing their luck. The problems with BA/Amex over the 70k offer and the extraordinary number of new very clumsy amateur people on here asking about immediately cancelling (not even going for the voucher) feels like it might be an unfortunate turning point. With Creation about 200 people did for 1600 others – with Amex the numbers will be on a different scale.

Carlos 758 posts

No one would suggest it obviously however I was curious to know what the circumstances for those who have gone through name changes via deed polls. It will defiantly be complicated keeping up with previous names when filling applications etc.

JDB 4,386 posts

No one would suggest it obviously however I was curious to know what the circumstances for those who have gone through name changes via deed polls. It will defiantly be complicated keeping up with previous names when filling applications etc.

Your credit file will follow you even with a name change (and everything needs to match) but you specifically asked whether changing name would give a fresh start on SUBs which is simply beyond the pale. I shudder to think what the next suggestion will be.

can 506 posts

I knew that is why my wife married me — changing her lastname for amex subs!

Carlos 758 posts

I knew it, its one of the HfP regular secrets

Spare 14 posts

I love they way you are think Carlos. Corruption is in your blood!

Michael C 669 posts

@Carlos
    – if you have a Spanish ID, you could now register as @Carlota, if that helps at all!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.