Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Name update on Qatar Airways Privilege Club

• FearlessTraveller 54 posts

Has anyone (successfully) updated their name on their QR Privilege club account? I’m asking because I’ve been chasing Qatar Airways for almost a month to update the name in order to link my BAEC account so I can move my avios for a QR booking for Easter next year.

Skywalker 699 posts

I am impatient and would probably just do this (assuming I wasn’t too attached to my Qatar account):

Change the email address on the current Qatar account to something different
    Open a second Qatar account with the correct name and correct email address
    Link accounts as required.

AJ92 8 posts

I had to do this becuase first,middle names on both accounts wouldn’t match.
    Took forever, replies are really slow and had to provide them with ID to get it done.

They will get it done but the response times are terrible.

George K 292 posts

Took forever, replies are really slow and had to provide them with ID to get it done.

Was this because you couldn’t link the QR account with BA? Did it work in the end? I’m stuck in limbo – I requested a change, it was all done, but now it won’t even let me log-in to start the process of linking the account (whereas previously it would error out at that stage).

….

FearlessTraveller 54 posts

Was this because you couldn’t link the QR account with BA? Did it work in the end? I’m stuck in limbo – I requested a change, it was all done, but now it won’t even let me log-in to start the process of linking the account (whereas previously it would error out at that stage).

….

I noticed that my name change request went through, because I linked my QA account to Accor (to take advantage of the avios earning offer) even though they never sent me an email confirming it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.