Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Nectar account blocked for security reasons

• Mick S 271 posts

its been going on for several weeks.

davefl 1,219 posts

Anyone still getting error code: 7135JSO?
    I am having this for last 1 week and CS is beyond joke.

Been getting this since thursday afternoon. What is hilarious is that the account isn’t blocked, I’ve just performed a password reset from the app and it’s flowed through to Nectar and Sainsburys web sites perfectly. I just can’t log in on the app.

janed9388 63 posts

I received an e-mail a few days ago following my online chat with the nectar customer services team, they say…. “Following some changes and for security we have blocked some VPN’s from accessing our site. This could mean that you will receive a “7135JSO Error” Can you please ensure that you’re not using a VPN or a non UK IPaddress’ followed by a request to send in my IPaddress if neither of those statements are true (they aren’t) – haven’t got around to replying yet but not optimistic it’ll sort it.

davefl 1,219 posts

No VPN or non UK Ip here either, shockingly bad excuse from them.

Mick S 271 posts

I’m using BT on my home PC (trying to use browser), and V/Fone 5G on my iPhone (to use app).
    Not using VPN on either, blocked on both.

Their IT people haven’t got a clue. Would be helpful if they could issue a statement, surely they are getting hit with people raising the same issue over and over again.

jek 118 posts

Same here, blocked since Friday. Their Twitter account asked me whether I use a VPN and if I am accessing it from outside the UK. They even asked me to get my external IP via whatsmyip. In the end they just said they have passed it to their IT team. Shockingly bad!

Chas 143 posts

I “spoke” with them about this (via chat) on Friday, and they said that it’s a known issue with iOS devices. I can log in via safari on my MacBook Pro, but my phone fails both on Safari and via the Nectar app. There must be something else happening though, because every time the agent was getting me to test it on my phone she was adamant that my phone had to be connected by a mobile signal, and not by WiFi. No idea why, but when her suggestions didn’t work she all but accused me of not listening to her instructions, and told me that I must still be connected via WiFi…

Looking at the other comments about VPNs make me wonder if it’s to do with the “new” (as in several months ago) IP masking facility that Apple introduced. Ever since then I can’t access the National Lottery’s website (“You appear to be outside the UK….”), whereas I can use the app still (for now…).

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    davefl 1,219 posts

I “spoke” with them about this (via chat) on Friday, and they said that it’s a known issue with iOS devices. I can log in via safari on my MacBook Pro, but my phone fails both on Safari and via the Nectar app. There must be something else happening though, because every time the agent was getting me to test it on my phone she was adamant that my phone had to be connected by a mobile signal, and not by WiFi. No idea why, but when her suggestions didn’t work she all but accused me of not listening to her instructions, and told me that I must still be connected via WiFi…

More bull then, I’m on android so it’s nothing to do with the phone.

Same issue on plusnet, tesco mobile and virgin mobile, so 3 different IP addresses all in the UK.

3 different browsers all work from my laptop, not even logging on from chrome as a desktop client works from the phone, so they’re rejecting mobile browser fingerprints headers for some accounts.

Wish they’d stop making things up.

chrism20 89 posts

4 weeks tomorrow since mine packed in. Their 28 days are up on Friday, I don’t have much patience left with them.

duggie1982 261 posts

I have had to turn off the ip masking a few times for other websites/apps. Not nectar though

iEimis 81 posts

Just discovered I have an issue today as well. Noticed my app was logged out a few days ago but didn’t pay too much attention to it. Tried to login today and it says my account has been blocked for security purposes. Onto live chat and they escalated this to their technical team. Funny thing is, as many have said, I can still see the points via AwardWallet and they are being refreshed daily. Same with Esso and eBay.

davefl 1,219 posts

Just logged it via twitter. Told them in the 1st message all the things it wasn’t, and I know it’s an ongoing issue with multiple people. Got very quick responses on there and it’s been passed to the technical team.

From my testing I believe I know what it is, they’re generating a false positve against a user account based on the a device ID. That’s why web works but mobile doesn’t. But they’ve not coded a timeout reset on that so they’ll have to unblock every one manually. If they’re going to block like that it should auto reset after a 1/4/24 hour period or something sensible

I could confirm this by logging on from someone else’s mobile via chrome but I really can’t be bothered at this point.

Reney 764 posts

Just logged it via twitter. Told them in the 1st message all the things it wasn’t, and I know it’s an ongoing issue with multiple people. Got very quick responses on there and it’s been passed to the technical team.

From my testing I believe I know what it is, they’re generating a false positve against a user account based on the a device ID. That’s why web works but mobile doesn’t. But they’ve not coded a timeout reset on that so they’ll have to unblock every one manually. If they’re going to block like that it should auto reset after a 1/4/24 hour period or something sensible

I could confirm this by logging on from someone else’s mobile via chrome but I really can’t be bothered at this point.

I can’t log in from web or someone else device…

davefl 1,219 posts

Then that’s a different issue and your account is actually blocked

chrism20 89 posts

I’ve also tried to login from the web, various different browsers and someone else’s device.

Get the same message.

Nectar & JS Corporate office are both adamant the account isn’t locked.

iEimis 81 posts

I have the same issue as the person above where I can’t login via any device, but it works via esso and award wallet (disconnected it now). CS are saying my account isn’t blocked and apparently forwarded it to the tech team.

davefl 1,219 posts

I’m not saying they’re not absolutely full of it, and their dev team is utterly clueless (as can be seen by the appalling website design once you actually get logged in) but there appear to be 2 different issues here. One where customers can’t log in from anything and to either site, and then the other when it’s only mobile logins that are affected.

If I get to the point where logins from everywhere are blocked I’ll be switching supermarkets.

At the root of it all is their implementation of the “My ID” and its backend system that nobody seems able to get a grip of. I’m assuming it’s outsourced and whoever designed it left with the magic hammer.

Scotty665 28 posts

I had the exact same issue. Nectar couldn’t for the life of them find out what the problem was…in the end I had to create a brand new account and then they moved the points over to the new account. Not ideal but at least I’m back in now!

chrism20 89 posts

Having had quite lengthy back and forth with JS corporate this morning I am convinced that Award Wallet is causing this error message.

They are telling me my IP address is in America even though I’m sending screenshots showing it’s in Scotland.

This sounds very much like the issue I had with Accor a couple of years back where the account kept blocking redemptions due to suspicious account access. We eventually worked out it was AW blocking it when I ran the AW programme whilst on the phone to Accor and it immediately blocked it.

davefl 1,219 posts

Having had quite lengthy back and forth with JS corporate this morning I am convinced that Award Wallet is causing this error message.

They are telling me my IP address is in America even though I’m sending screenshots showing it’s in Scotland.

This sounds very much like the issue I had with Accor a couple of years back where the account kept blocking redemptions due to suspicious account access. We eventually worked out it was AW blocking it when I ran the AW programme whilst on the phone to Accor and it immediately blocked it.

I’m not tracking mine with AW, so that’s not the issue for me.

Mick S 271 posts

just updated my email address on Nectar platform, which sends out verification emails.
    I’ve noticed the time stamps in my inbox are all over the place – the “success confirmation” email is timestamped earlier than the first “you want to change your email to this one, click on this link” email.

This suggests they have time sync issues on their systems, so they are probably blocking themselves which in turn is affecting the user base.

iEimis 81 posts

Just tested logging in on my Mac and have no issues whatsoever using the same IP either on Chrome or Safari. Yet, on mobile app on iOS I still can’t sign in. Same on my PC which led me to believe yesterday that it wasn’t device related. Just seems strange why Dekstop PC and iPhone would be having this issue but Mac appears to be fine.

Go197 78 posts

Works for me on Android app but not on 2 Android browsers or 4 Mac browsers.

CS told me to “try logging in to a different website” which says everything about their understanding of the issue.

davefl 1,219 posts

Works for me on Android app but not on 2 Android browsers or 4 Mac browsers.

CS told me to “try logging in to a different website” which says everything about their understanding of the issue.

Did you reply that you can log on to lots of different websites, just not the Nectar one?

Barrmy that it’s the reverse for you and you can do it on the app but on the website.

yorkieflyer 259 posts

It’s the ‘my id’ in my view, in the same boat since i added the sainsburys app at the weekend

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.