Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Nectar account blocked for security reasons

• John 1,000 posts

Since they changed the log in thing, I haven’t been able to sign in when using a non-UK IP, but after disabling my VPN and signing in I can reenable it and remain signed in (for weeks, until I periodically clear my browser).

Mick S 271 posts

I’m beginning to think the issue might be related to AwardWallet.
    I have my Nectar account added to AwardWallet, which will then periodically update the Nectar balance from a US based IP address.

Anyone having blocked issues WITHOUT the use of AWardwallet, just to blow my theory out 🙂

Sam 96 posts

I suspect the same as Mick. I’ve disabled my AwardWallet refreshes

chrism20 89 posts

I’d go with it being something to do with Award Wallet as it was that which caused all the grief for me with Accor.

I’ve not disabled it yet and it is still updating every day as normal.

Barraclough 61 posts

Thanks for the information in this thread. I can update Nectar on my PC but not on my (Android) mobile phone and I get the security message that it’s blocked. I’ve had the problem for at least three weeks and was told that my Nordvpn was the cause. I removed the VPN from my mobile but the problem is still there. Although Nectar updates on my Award Wallet I’ll take it out of Award Wallet to see if it makes any difference.

Reney 763 posts

I’d go with it being something to do with Award Wallet as it was that which caused all the grief for me with Accor.

I’ve not disabled it yet and it is still updating every day as normal.

I wondered the same thing, except for mine is set on manual refresh. The update process triggers a SMS and I don’t always have other family members near by to get the code, so I only end up updating my own account. I thought it was I triggered a login too may times but never followed through due to the SMS thing.

janed9388 63 posts

I thought both mine and my husbands were disabled on award wallet as they say they haven’t been updated for 7 months, but I’ve just checked and mine is disabled, his not. I can get into my account on some devices but not all; he can’t on any. very annoying as now I can’t save the extra points offers to the card – unless anyone has found a way around this ?

Mick S 271 posts

yep, that’s what grabbed my attention when I tried to save the Esso 10x booster Nectar points offer. I’ve recently swapped my electric car for a gas guzzler, so I’m spending a fortune at Esso and missing out on loads of points just now.

I thought both mine and my husbands were disabled on award wallet as they say they haven’t been updated for 7 months, but I’ve just checked and mine is disabled, his not. I can get into my account on some devices but not all; he can’t on any. very annoying as now I can’t save the extra points offers to the card – unless anyone has found a way around this ?

janed9388 63 posts

Useful heads up, I hadn’t spotted the Esso 10x booster, luckily it’s on my account that I can get into so I could save it. debating annoying the Nectar chat team to see if they can access and save those offers in my husbands account over.

chrism20 89 posts

Useful heads up, I hadn’t spotted the Esso 10x booster, luckily it’s on my account that I can get into so I could save it. debating annoying the Nectar chat team to see if they can access and save those offers in my husbands account over.

My account is locked at Nectar but not on the Esso app. I managed to add the offer off their app.

Charles Martel 124 posts

yep, that’s what grabbed my attention when I tried to save the Esso 10x booster Nectar points offer. I’ve recently swapped my electric car for a gas guzzler, so I’m spending a fortune at Esso and missing out on loads of points just now.

Interesting, why’d you return to the ICE dark side? My boss has a Mercedes EV and I get the feeling he regrets the purchase.

Mick S 271 posts

Price of electric at home, poor battery range, not enough public charging points.
    Factoring in my mid-life crisis and always wanting to drive an American Classic. And with working from home a lot I don’t do that many miles, so I’m not really bothered about a perceived poor MPG.

Interesting, why’d you return to the ICE dark side? My boss has a Mercedes EV and I get the feeling he regrets the purchase.

roger 232 posts

Same for my account. Cannot login to 2 devices I already tried.

Nomad 46 posts

Anyone got it resolved?
    I called again but no resolution in sight

chrism20 89 posts

Anyone got it resolved?
    I called again but no resolution in sight

Not yet but my complaint is now with corporate. They’ve spun me one tale too many.

My honest opinion is they can’t work out what’s causing and have no bloody idea how to fix it. Looking through SM it looks like people have been having these issues since last December

janed9388 63 posts

if you haven’t already tried it have a go at logging in on all devices / all browsers / web and app – I finally got both our accounts logged din after multiple accounts, but only on one device each – no idea what the relevance of those devices is to each account and whether they haven’t been previously used or updated for Award-wallet but there must be something.

smm 27 posts

AwardWallet can log in itself no problems and shows updates etc. just me who can’t 🤣

rum 275 posts

Darn! I’m now getting this stupid message as well. App is blocked but I can on through the website. Is there any point in getting in touch with Nectar?

chrism20 89 posts

Darn! I’m now getting this stupid message as well. App is blocked but I can on through the website. Is there any point in getting in touch with Nectar?

I would as that is how it started with me. I couldn’t login on the app but was able to do so on the website. resetting cookies blocked the lot.

Mick S 271 posts

AwardWallet can log in itself no problems and shows updates etc. just me who can’t 🤣

My AwardWallet is now giving “unknown error”

mzb 64 posts

Been like this for over a month, on most of my personal devices (laptop, tablet, phone) but for whatever reason still able to access using my work laptop. It certainly is some uber security configuration gone badly wrong. What’s crazy is that it’s been going for so long. What’s also crazy is that a grocery store feels the need to implement (badly) stronger security than most banks … It’s infuriating!

Mick S 271 posts

What’s probably happened (from experience in my line of work) will be some sort of security breach. Ransomware, hack, virus etc.
    They will have panicked, employed an army of IT security ‘consultants’, not paying the going rate and therefore employed the ones that can talk a good game but are actually thick as pig sh*t.

Over zealous blocking policies will have been implemented, no one really knows what’s happening or going-on, and there is a good chance the consultants have already driven off into the sunset, off to cause the same havoc somewhere else.

It’s rife, and just plain annoying for the end user experience.

Like what @mzb mentioned, its stronger than a bank. Really annoying when I just want the extra nectar points for some 99p plum tomatoes 🙂

davefl 1,218 posts

Just got this on the android app. Says click here to resolve with our web team, click the link and get a web page error.

Fine logging in via sainsburys and nectar.com so account isn’t blocked at all.

Just crap devs/backend. App hasn’t updated for a week and worked fine 2 hours ago.

rum 275 posts

My app started working earlier today without requiring log in. During this time the website seemed to be working fine for me.

roger 232 posts

Anyone still getting error code: 7135JSO?
    I am having this for last 1 week and CS is beyond joke.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.