Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios New Barclaycard Avios Plus application – great experience

• jenkins1109 5 posts

Hopeless credit card beyond the sign up bonus. Have had it for 6 weeks now, spent hours calling to get Apple Pay set up (tried EVERYTHING so not over looking it) and still nothing. When I got through to cust. service they said this card is new and doesn’t have Apple Pay functionality yet, despite others having it.

Once I get the bonus I am OUT!

chelynnah 41 posts

Anyone else had the horrendous experience where the transaction that triggers the 50,000 avios bonus gets refunded ? I will still be over the £3,000 spend overall. I know this can be an issue with Amex, has anyone had any experience with B/Card ? Thankyou

I had a few refunds around the same time that I hit my target, but also had other charges that offset them and still took me over. I still got my 25k. Once I hit the target they showed in my app, and even with the refunds that didn’t change. I watched it for a few days to be sure.

StanTheMan 217 posts

Anyone else had the horrendous experience where the transaction that triggers the 50,000 avios bonus gets refunded ? I will still be over the £3,000 spend overall. I know this can be an issue with Amex, has anyone had any experience with B/Card ? Thankyou

I had a few refunds around the same time that I hit my target, but also had other charges that offset them and still took me over. I still got my 25k. Once I hit the target they showed in my app, and even with the refunds that didn’t change. I watched it for a few days to be sure.

many thanks, that’s a relief !

timgilp 21 posts

I have posted elsewhere on the site but my experience has been horrendous. I applied on the 15th of July and was told more checks were needed. I am 65 years old . Have lived at the same address for 25 years. Am retired on a very good pension and a 999 credit rating. It’s gone into a black hole. Barclaycard cannot find anything and I have had nothing from them .I applied again thinking 25000 is probably still worth it . More checks needed again and nothing at all by way of acknowledging my application. I screen shot this one but it’s so odd. I have never been refused any card ever in the past and pay my cc bill off in full every month. It’s the weirdest thing I have ever come across.

timgilp 21 posts

Update for you all. I applied for the third ( yes third) time today. I took a screen shot of the final screen on my last two applications. Barclays tweeted me to say they had no record of the first two applications but also said I should await a letter only to be told to apply again. Words cannot describe how frustrating this is .

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.