Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• Nepweno 12 posts

Its early June now so does that mean the new scheme diamond benefits are fully active?

Also will diamond be recognised in IC for breakfast amenity option or early/late check out?

ChrisC 956 posts
    Blair Waldorf Salad 1,095 posts

There’s been no definitive line from IHG HQ as to when new benefits start, so confusion and inconsistency reigns. You may get lucky on a stay this week; you may not. It’s at least in character for IHG, you do have to give them points for consistently being inconsistent.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    strickers 651 posts

The only thing consistent about IHG is the inconsistency!

NorthernLass 7,581 posts

Hotels seem to be deciding themselves if and when to implement the benefits – wasn’t June 6th mentioned as the “official” start date?

strickers 651 posts

IC O2 said the 8th for breakfast which happened to be the day after I checked out. As an aside breakfast service in the lounge was dire.

DavidC 9 posts

I was told by Crowne Plaza, Stratford-on-Avon, 8 June is the date all new benefits go live.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Indigo Liverpool told me the new benefits start 6th June.
    Crowne Plaza Liverpool told me 15th June (but I was given free breakfast and lounge access plus a room upgrade regardless).
    A couple of properties in Dubai told me there is no such thing.

Aston100 1,383 posts

The inconsistency is laughable.

Pangolin 108 posts

The inconsistency is laughable.

I’m still not sure they mentioned which year it’s supposed to start either!

Tom 25 posts

I was told by Indigo Manchester that benefits kick in from 8th June. BTW Indigo Manchester was very nice, good upgrade and a decent (paid for) breakfast.

NorthernLass 7,581 posts

+1 on Indigo Manchester, we got an upgrade to a Penthouse suite and breakfast was only £10pp anyway.
    *And got 4 cocktail vouchers as we’d booked 2 rooms!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Aston100 1,383 posts

Indigo Liverpool told me the new benefits start 6th June.
    Crowne Plaza Liverpool told me 15th June (but I was given free breakfast and lounge access plus a room upgrade regardless).
    A couple of properties in Dubai told me there is no such thing.

Oh and I just noticed I’ve been awarded 504 points for my CP Liverpool stay (booked with points), to go with the complimentary breakfast, lounge access and room upgrade, despite them claiming the Diamond benefits don’t commence until 15th June.
    All very strange.

Lady London 2,052 posts

+1 on Indigo Manchester, we got an upgrade to a Penthouse suite and breakfast was only £10pp anyway.
    *And got 4 cocktail vouchers as we’d booked 2 rooms!

Oh dear NorthrrnLass does that mean, with your 2 teenagers in the 2nd room being under drinking age, you and hubby were forced to drink all 4 free cocktails? 🙂

NorthernLass 7,581 posts

@LL, well as responsible parents what else could we do 😂?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.