Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Capital on Tap New CoT card not activating

• Mikeb7499 5 posts

Hi Rob, wanted to let you know that I’m having a very poor experience with COT due to inability to validate the new card I’ve received. I spoke to a helpful lady on Sunday who confirmed there is an issue ‘with my portal’ and that she has asked IT to look at it. I’ve also got the separate issue with the incorrect bonus points showing on the portal but I’ve seen your comment on this elsewhere and can live with that.
    I went on the chat this morning and spoke to Alex who informed me he can see the issue raised but could not tell me when IT will resolve it. I told him I was unhappy with this and that if they can’t get the activation process right, then what confidence should I have with the rest of the product? To add insult to injury, they’ve charged the £99 fee to my account (no IT issue there!).
    Alex could not be less helpful (even when I asked for their escalation process) except to raise it as a formal complaint with no commitment anywhere.
    I’m travelling tomorrow for 3 weeks and had hoped to have this in place.
    If you have any sway / contact to feed my experience back and get someone to deal with it, would be much appreciated. Best regards, Mike

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Hi Mike. Can you drop Rhys an email (rhys@headforpoints.com) with the name on your card and, say, the last 4 digits? We can then chase it up with CoT for you. Thanks.

Mikeb7499 5 posts

Will do. Thank you very much Rob.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.