Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club No First on 777 despite cabin

• harley 109 posts

Slighly confused. I have booked Club World on a 777 and it is the old style zig zag formation. Club starts at row 10 and seat guru suggests first cabin is in front. Called BA as no first showing as revenue or upgrades. They said they have stopped the first cabin on this route but confirmed the seats are still there but will only be used if the flight is busy and if so can move people forward but there is no way to book these. Seems strange to me but could this be true?

ChrisC 956 posts

For starters don’t use seat guru! use this site for seat maps – https://www.aerolopa.com/

But yes the F cabin would only be used if CW was overbooked and it was required to prevent downgrades. You wouldn’t be able to just move into the F cabin and if you tried you’d be sent back to your CW seat.

And of couse there could be a plane switch to a non F plane

Even if you did get a seat you’d still only get the CW service (It’s been unofically called FLUB)

NorthernLass 7,462 posts

We were Flubbed a few years ago on a full flight to GCM. Proved that I am right in refusing to pay for seat selection in CW. The other passengers in that cabin were the captain’s wife and kids, by a strange coincidence!

0 post

Nowt wrong with that NL! My wife benefitted a few times but I also had to leave her behind in Montego Bay because 5T of mangoes had taken us up to the zero fuel weight limit and despite there being 25 or so empty seats.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.