No First on 777 despite cabin
17th August 2022 at 19:59harley
Slighly confused. I have booked Club World on a 777 and it is the old style zig zag formation. Club starts at row 10 and seat guru suggests first cabin is in front. Called BA as no first showing as revenue or upgrades. They said they have stopped the first cabin on this route but confirmed the seats are still there but will only be used if the flight is busy and if so can move people forward but there is no way to book these. Seems strange to me but could this be true?17th August 2022 at 20:05ChrisC
For starters don’t use seat guru! use this site for seat maps – https://www.aerolopa.com/
But yes the F cabin would only be used if CW was overbooked and it was required to prevent downgrades. You wouldn’t be able to just move into the F cabin and if you tried you’d be sent back to your CW seat.
And of couse there could be a plane switch to a non F plane
Even if you did get a seat you’d still only get the CW service (It’s been unofically called FLUB)17th August 2022 at 21:48NorthernLass
We were Flubbed a few years ago on a full flight to GCM. Proved that I am right in refusing to pay for seat selection in CW. The other passengers in that cabin were the captain’s wife and kids, by a strange coincidence!18th August 2022 at 13:44
Nowt wrong with that NL! My wife benefitted a few times but I also had to leave her behind in Montego Bay because 5T of mangoes had taken us up to the zero fuel weight limit and despite there being 25 or so empty seats.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Get 100,000 bonus Avios for getting the Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card and Premier Banking with Barclays Avios Rewards
Latest Forum Posts
- Super Secret Stuff on Chat thread – Thursday 6th October
- NorthernLass on Reducing credit limit after being declined
- achoogirl on BA Holidays Double Points offer – MASTER THREAD
- DJ on Reducing credit limit after being declined
- danimal on Say what? 25,000 free Avios from Barclays!
- chrism20 on The British Airways Prepaid Mastercard thread
- Lady London on Eurotunnel: Any discount schemes available
- ElSemm on Best E-sim for USA for 5 day
- rio on Sorry – you’re not eligible for a 100,000 Avios bonus
- Peter K on Chat thread – Thursday 6th October
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.