oneworld Ruby status benefits on Qatar Airways
3rd June 2023 at 12:14GibsonJ 3 posts
Good morning, I hope this is the right place to ask for advice.
My daughter is flying to Brisbane from LHR via Doha next week. She has gold status via American Airlines which gives her ruby one world status. Her flight is booked via BA using household Avios. She has only blue BA status. She would like to be able to reserve seats 7 days ahead (a ruby benefit) but via a DM on twitter Qatar have said no because she has insufficient BA status.
I may have misunderstood but I thought early seat selection applied to avios flights as long as you have one world ruby status.
All help gratefully received!
Thank you3rd June 2023 at 12:15Rob2,191 postsHfP Staff
BA lets a Bronze / Ruby reserve 7 days ahead, but only on its own flights.
You also can’t use the lounge in Doha that Qatar Airways has set up for its own Ruby-equivalent members.3rd June 2023 at 13:47GibsonJ 3 posts
Thank you Rob
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Bits: East Midlands and Southampton gain Paris CDG, new Japan Airlines seats coming to London
NEW: Amex Cashback Everyday Credit Card raises its sign-up bonus to £125 – worth a look?
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- JDB on Mexico Volcano disruption, flying back on 4th
- YC on Marriott hotels in Tokyo – best option?
- TGLoyalty on Lifts in Terminal 5
- TGLoyalty on More IHG points wierdness
- TGLoyalty on Gold counts for nothing?
- meta on InterContinental hotels in Tokyo – best option?
- Lyn on Chat thread – Thursday 29th February
- HFPCar on BA LHR to SAW
- NigelHamilton on Gold counts for nothing?
- Blair Waldorf Salad on Gold counts for nothing?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.