Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Platinum Berry Bros & Rudd offer £50 off £250 spend

• Cat 134 posts

I just spotted that the £50 off a £250 order of wine at BBR is back, and jumped in with my Christmas order.

If anyone hasn’t used them before, they’re marvellous. Their own brand Extra Ordinary Claret has a bit of a cult following and is a joy of a wine, and they have a really good range (as well as a Royal Warrant). I also tend to use them for California whites (Au Bon Climat is a favourite), and you can buy cases in Bond too, if that’s your thing.

Also, if you use my referral link, you get £50 off an order over £400, which should stack nicely with the AMEX offer…

https://bbr.mention-me.com/m/ol/ia7qn-ms-catherine-downie

Andrew J 768 posts

There’s a dedicated thread for Amex offers….

Aston100 1,374 posts

Are we allowed to give out unsolicited referral links?
    Thought I saw something here a while ago that this wasn’t allowed after some guy posted a few, but maybe I misunderstood.

Cat 134 posts

There’s a dedicated thread for Amex offers….

I couldn’t find it, I did look.

The American Express section of the forum is peppered with Amex statement credit topics, and I couldn’t see anybody that replied that these topics belonged elsewhere, so I assumed it was allowed…

Are we allowed to give out unsolicited referral links?
    Thought I saw something here a while ago that this wasn’t allowed after some guy posted a few, but maybe I misunderstood.

I know that it has been allowed/tolerated in the past, when posting referrals for Red by Dufry, and various financial services websites, as long as it’s not something like an AMEX card referral, which would have an impact on HfP’s revenue. If that’s changed, I’m sure this question will be taken down (in which case, I apologise!).

If it is allowed – free booze will keep me warm this winter, while my OH and I try to keep the thermostat as low as we can bear!

NorthernLass 7,492 posts

Hi Cat, the Amex offers thread is currently just over halfway down the first page of the forums if you want to post again there, it’s more likely to stay current than single posts, I think.

Will have a look as we have the offer on 2 cards and Laithwaite’s have now disappeared from the blue light card, sadly. I’m telling myself the current disastrous £/$ rate will be offset by us not needing the heating on for 3 weeks over Xmas and New Year!

Jimbob 29 posts

Tempted by this, although if another case of wine turns up on the doorstep, the wife may kill me.

Could put it in bond I suppose 😝🤔

Cat 134 posts

Hi Cat, the Amex offers thread is currently just over halfway down the first page of the forums if you want to post again there, it’s more likely to stay current than single posts, I think.

Will have a look as we have the offer on 2 cards and Laithwaite’s have now disappeared from the blue light card, sadly. I’m telling myself the current disastrous £/$ rate will be offset by us not needing the heating on for 3 weeks over Xmas and New Year!

Brilliant, thanks @NorthernLass! Also thanks to you, or @Jimbob, or possibly someone else entirely who used the link!

Much appreciated!

yorkieflyer 259 posts

I’ll get back to you all once I’ve checked if my wine merchant has a referral scheme…..Calling Aldi….

Andrew J 768 posts

Exactly! There’s much cheaper places to buy wine!

bobcharlton 7 posts

Does anyone else have a referral link for BBR as tempted to stack with Amex offer…. cheers!

Cat 134 posts

Does anyone else have a referral link for BBR as tempted to stack with Amex offer…. cheers!

Mine will work more than once!

phil 27 posts

Northernlass – Laithwaites discount is still available on BLC – just checked.

bobcharlton 7 posts

Mine will work more than once!

Hi Cat, I tried yours but it didn’t work 🙁

NorthernLass 7,492 posts

Northernlass – Laithwaites discount is still available on BLC – just checked.

Thanks – it seemed to have disappeared last time I looked!

Cat 134 posts

Hi Cat, I tried yours but it didn’t work 🙁

If the referral code doesn’t work, just entering my name (Catherine Downie) at checkout should also give you the £50 off, on top of the AMEX statement credit.

Thanks!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.