Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Platinum luggage tags

• Cx 20 posts

Do Amex still provide a set of two to new members or has it been discontinued?

Paul 136 posts

No ended year ago. The sell on eBay

can 506 posts

No ended year ago. The sell on eBay

For £75…

Roberto 283 posts

Why would you want some? Genuine question , I have often seen them on bags when travelling and been puzzled why someone would tag their own bag with them.

masaccio 722 posts

Why would you want some? Genuine question , I have often seen them on bags when travelling and been puzzled why someone would tag their own bag with them.

I think the same about BAEC Gold tags. I always say to the OH “The only people who need to know you are Gold are the crew. And they already know.”

Andrew J 769 posts

I think the same about BAEC Gold tags. I always say to the OH “The only people who need to know you are Gold are the crew. And they already know.”

And they don’t care or acknowledge it.

dougzz99 619 posts

The tag thing really triggers some people. In terms of BA tags they’re really a good way of id’ing your bag without a name and address. The gold ones in particular are more likely to give you a pass when the gate agent goes walkabout for some carry-ones to gate check.

CarpalTravel 363 posts

Not relevant to the original question but hey-ho.

I tie an old, colourful, long sock around the handle of my bag. Makes it extremely easy to spot on a carousel, less likely to be accidentally picked up and (I believe) less attractive to thieves. Either that, or people just think Jon Snow is amongst them…

Andrew J 769 posts

Virgin are citing Covid as the reason for no longer sending out gold cards and luggage tags.

scottishwolf 13 posts

People also seem to sell old/expired Platinum metal cards on there for a decent amount.

Not sure I get it? 🤷‍♂️

CarpalTravel 363 posts

People also seem to sell old/expired Platinum metal cards on there for a decent amount.

Not sure I get it? 🤷‍♂️

What the absolute…??!!! I looked it up as you said about it and found this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334382550463

I recycled mine just last week! That is mental.

scottishwolf 13 posts

What the absolute…??!!! I looked it up as you said about it and found this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334382550463

I recycled mine just last week! That is mental.

Crazy eh.

I’m trying to work out what value someone would derive from the actual card if it was expired or cancelled. Presumably it can do you no harm if it’s unable to be used to purchase goods etc, but maybe it could be misused from an identity perspective?

CarpalTravel 363 posts

I did wonder if there was an opportunity for criminals, like, send a fake card to someone and all they have to do is email their bank details across, etc.. My mind doesn’t work that way but I am sure people can twist it to take advantage of the vulnerable with such things. Happy to forgo my ~£25 if it saves someone from being ripped off.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.