Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Pooling points with only Virgin Red status?

• Concord1969 12 posts

I need 3,ooo more points for Upper Flights for both of us, my husband has 92,000 in his account. I know you used NOT to be able to pool them unless Gold status, is this still the case? I know I can transfer at a cost if needs be tho

Gary 293 posts

Worth a call as some VS CSAs can be flexible.

ChasP 162 posts

If you are both travelling together many (most? all?) Virgin CS will allow you to use each others points so give them a call.

If the first one cant help it might be worth him retrying to see if he gets a more helpful one

Chas 143 posts

A few years ago I specifically asked Virgin’s CS rep about this when he was booking me 2 x 241s to LAX. He said that they can take any multiple of the number of miles needed for the lowest sector (assuming both travelling). Whether or not they have more flexibility now you’ll only find out by calling them, but it definitely sounds like you have enough miles between the two of you to book the seats.

Concord1969 12 posts

Thank you, sounds promising, I shall attempt to get thru to someone on the telephone later today.

Paul B 224 posts

Yes their CS can be very flexible, if they wish to do so. If no joy, you can always HUACA

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.