Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Posting time for 20,000 miles after current account switch to Virgin Money

• Alex Sm 4 posts

Sorry if it was asked before but I can’t find an answer through the search function here – too many results…

What is the normal time for 20,000 Virgin miles to post to the account after the current account switch to Virgin Money as per this instruction: https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/07/31/20000-virgin-points-virgin-money-m-current-account/ ?

My switch was completed on July 25, still no sign of 20,000 miles. Is a slight overshot (48 days vs prescribed 45 days) a problem? They failed to switch my accounts three times and I have a paper trail from them – should contact the CS or still wait?

Thanks!

PJJ 29 posts

Watching with interest as my switch is due for completion of the 1st September

BJ 657 posts

Firstly, the Red points do not post to your account. Virgin Money will email you a code which you redeem on the Virgin Red App to credit the points to your account. Check all your Virgin Money emails carefully for the code as it is easy to miss. Check your spam folder if you still cannot find it.

You should receive the email within a few days to two weeks after meeting the criteria.

Before redeeming the code check carefully that they have not sent you a code for wine, experiences etc instead of points. If they have then call CS and request they send you the correct code.

laughingplace 27 posts

I got an email with the code in within a couple of days of the switch completing (and other requirements met). All in all, easier than I was expecting!

Alex Sm 4 posts

I called them only to discover that I failed to meet a formal criteria of keeping £1000 in the _Savings_ account (I had the monies in the _Current_ account). No flexibility and no route to escalate were offered. Looks like a deliberate way to design the conditions in a way to filter out people. Will try to fight with them but chances are 50/50…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.