Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Priority security at VCE?

• slidey 287 posts

Does the platinum card get priority security access at Venice?

TM 22 posts

No, that airport isn’t included unfortunately. For the other Italian airports, note that it is supposed to be a country specific Amex Platinum benefit, and they may notice your card is UK issued and deny you access.

Luca M 391 posts

No, that airport isn’t included unfortunately. For the other Italian airports, note that it is supposed to be a country specific Amex Platinum benefit, and they may notice your card is UK issued and deny you access.

As they have big advertising board near those fast lanes with no mention of country specific benefit, I have just waved my UK Amex Platinum and been let in without any question.

There is no mention of the card being Italian issued only in the T&C either https://www.americanexpress.com/it/benefici/the-platinum-card/fast-track-program0.html

TM 22 posts

As they have big advertising board near those fast lanes with no mention of country specific benefit, I have just waved my UK Amex Platinum and been let in without any question.

There is no mention of the card being Italian issued only in the T&C either https://www.americanexpress.com/it/benefici/the-platinum-card/fast-track-program0.html

Yes I have noticed this, and so it is not enforced in the same way as the Eurostar lounges. It is in a grey area, as I don’t think it is intended as a benefit for UK card holders, otherwise it would be advertised as a benefit of the UK platinum.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.