Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Pulling points from two Flying Club accounts?

• DonLee 213 posts

Hi HfPers, I’m sure this has been asked before but I couldn’t find answer using Search so ask here as a new question. I need to book 3 tickets each will cost 32500 points, 97500 in total. However, I only have 50000 in my account, my OH who is also travelling has 49000.

I remember someone mentioned that you would need points for one whole ticket at least. Dose that mean I will have to transfer some point from my OH’s account to mine so make 65000 and 32500 respectively? Or Virgin CS could just pull whatever points needed from both account to make the booking?

Any previous experience are welcome, thanks in advance!

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,051 posts

Agent should be able to do the necessary but your OH needs to authorise you as a 3rd party nominee on their account to be able to use their points.

DonLee 213 posts

Agent should be able to do the necessary but your OH needs to authorise you as a 3rd party nominee on their account to be able to use their points.

Thanks, dose this mean you could pull 30000 points from one then 67500 points from anther one to make booking.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

Last I heard it had to be done in chunks of one way flights so points could only be moved in lumps of 16,250. Worth checking though.

AL 569 posts

Rob is correct. They will not allow sectors to be split across accounts, but taxes are a free-for-all – pay for them how you wish.

DonLee 213 posts

Thanks Rob, AL.

Will we have the booking under same PNR if the points were pulled from 2 accounts? The reason asking is I now have enough points to book for all 3 of us, but would prefer to use those orphan points from my OH’s account first.

marks7389 425 posts

Yes, it will be under one PNR assuming you book them all on the same call.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.