Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Qatar Airways reward flight cancelled – how long to redeposit Avios?

• sebhere 9 posts

I cancelled a flight mid-October and got the taxes back but still not had a refund of Avios into my account. The customer services representatives are less than helpful and all give me conflicting information. One suggested it could take up to 28 days. Does anyone have any experience of this?

ToffeeTom 34 posts

I cancelled a redemption flight with them today. I tried to do it yesterday but received no email confirmation and the flight remained in my account, until a customer service representative on the live chat was able to cancel it manually today. While doing so, they told me that the cash would be refunded with 14-28 days and the Avios within 72 hours, though I had to ask for this information repeatedly. I am not optimistic given your experience and my struggles in cancelling the flight initially.

Amy C 372 posts

Out of interest, how much does Qatar charge to cancel a reward flight?

ToffeeTom 34 posts

25USD if more than 24hrs before departure.

Further to my post above, I have received my Avios within hours of cancelling. Hopefully the cash arrives efficiently and quicker than the 14-28 day period that they advised.

James 21 posts

Further to my post above, I have received my Avios within hours of cancelling. Hopefully the cash arrives efficiently and quicker than the 14-28 day period that they advised.

Can you keep us updated on this regarding the cash refund.

Looking for first hand experience. On Qatar it is listed as $25 cancellation fee but also has a booking fee (non-refundable) under taxes and charges. This is usually £100+ depending on the routing.

Is it a full refund like booking through BA minus the £35 cancellation fee or do they also keep the other booking fee?

ToffeeTom 34 posts

Can you keep us updated on this regarding the cash refund.

Looking for first hand experience. On Qatar it is listed as $25 cancellation fee but also has a booking fee (non-refundable) under taxes and charges. This is usually £100+ depending on the routing.

Is it a full refund like booking through BA minus the £35 cancellation fee or do they also keep the other booking fee?

I have received my cash refund from Qatar – the original fees were £152.06 and I’ve received £129.65, so roughly a 25USD charge.

James 21 posts

Thank you 👍

andrew 20 posts

Data point: Cancelled in Qatar MMB 7pm UK time, seemed like a manual process/no breakdown of refund amounts (including outright refusal for both web chat and call centre to calculate), Avios refunded by 8pm. Simple one-way unflown booking 1 passenger.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.