Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Qatar Silver/BA Bronze = Oneworld Ruby. Lounge access with Qatar Silver?

• n166 10 posts

Hi guys, I was checking out Qatar status benefits and it seems their Silver status (equal to Oneworld Ruby) gives some lounge access as highlighted below:

“Enjoy lounge access at select airports around the world, and Business Class lounges at select airports, regardless of your class of travel.”

Does anyone have any idea on what these ‘select airports’ are?

Also is it just me or is it easier to get to Qatar Gold ( 270 points in 12 months) than it is to get to BA Silver (450 tier points)?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

This is very likely to be something which Qatar Airways offers to its own members who are flying on its own aircraft. If you’re not flying on Qatar Airways, standard oneworld rules will apply which means no lounge access.

Probably similar to how Lufthansa gives Silver members lounge access if you fly with them, but it doesn’t get you lounge access with any other Star Alliance member.

n166 10 posts

ahh got it, thanks Rob. even then I’m wondering if it’s easier to get to Qatar Gold than BA Silver…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.