Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Qatar’s 2,500 Avios not appearing – looks like they pulled the plug

• Denis P 8 posts

Used the link as per Rob’s instructions, the code FLYQR3 was already there, created 2 separate accounts (mine and wife’s) from two separate computers, deleted the account, set up the new one – no Avios…Oddly, they still advertise it.

AlexWalker 6 posts

Happened to me too…deleted the account and tried again…2nd time lucky !

Denis P 8 posts

Hi Alex, did you try again today? I deleted the account and set-up the new one to no avail today.

AJA 1,060 posts

Hi I just signed up using the FlYQR3 code (it was pre populated with the code in the application and didn’t get the Avios either. I also can’t seem to edit my profile. Every time I try it asks me to log in.

I did successfully link my BAEC account though

Peter K 551 posts

Did anyone sort the having 2 middle names issue or are such ones stuck with not being able to link to BAEC?

StanTheMan 216 posts

Same issue – applied last night – no 2500 Avios. Naughty Qatar !

dst87 263 posts

I also joined last night and did not receive the points. Is there a delay, or some other solution?

Does deleting the account allow you to sign-up again? Will I have multiple membership numbers in that case?

DorsetFlyer 26 posts

Same with me – signed up with code (triple checked it was in place)
    No bonus.

Rob – anything you can do with Qatar about this?

StanTheMan 216 posts

The one i did for myself last week was instant and worked perfectly…..
    Last night same process in Player 2’s name didnt get the 2500.
    Oh well.

marks7389 425 posts

It took me a couple of goes last week to get the 2500 avios. Didn’t appear first time around so I deleted the account and they did on the second attempt.

On the basis it has now gone, we’ve lost out on doing the same for my wife. However she wouldn’t have been able to link her accounts anyway until the hyphenated name issue is fixed.

peteryu 5 posts

Did anyone sort the having 2 middle names issue or are such ones stuck with not being able to link to BAEC?

There is also the odd issue of not allowing 2 spaces in First Name. Has been try to solve it for days. Quite frustrating.

Youllnever 182 posts

There is also the odd issue of not allowing 2 spaces in First Name. Has been try to solve it for days. Quite frustrating.

Not sure if you have an iPhone, but I managed to bypass this restriction when I was creating an account by setting my full first name in my own contact profile, and then when clicking on the first name field, autofilling it.

Peter K 551 posts

Thanks for the replies.

chelseafifi 53 posts

Signed up for self and OH code was added from HfP link. No avios bonus for either account.

AJA 1,060 posts

I notice that there is now a message posted by HfP on the original article that the FLYQR3 code does not work. Not sure whether to delete my account or just leave it there

Youllnever 182 posts

I notice that there is now a message posted by HfP on the original article that the FLYQR3 code does not work. Not sure whether to delete my account or just leave it there

I would delete it. It is very easy to re-create a new account, which I had to do because I didn’t include my middle names in the account which stopped me from linking it to BA.

Sam 96 posts

It was highlighted and very likely abused on hotukdeals. Not surprised it’s been shutdown

DevonDiamond 71 posts

Always get in straight away with this sort of stuff. It was effectively a licence to print £20 of quasi cash providing you had the email addresses, and set up the accounts quickly enough.

0 post

Not only that but it would appear that if you did sign up and get positive confirmation that you’d created an account, you might find that your details are no longer recognised. My account seems to have been binned. I certainly didn’t get 2500 avios.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.