Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Radisson Rewards Radisson Collection Edinburgh – reopening?

• AnotherUser 181 posts

I’ve enjoyed this hotel before, but it has been closed for a long while and there has been building work. Anyone know what’s going on with this – will it be reopening as a Radisson?

Olly 242 posts

I had a stay booked for mid-Sept and received an email from them last month:

We regret to inform you that due to extensive renovation works on the exterior of the building, Which is taking a little longer than expected, all of the hotel is currently covered by scaffolding and at present we will be unfortunately unable to accommodate your reservation at this hotel.

Please be advised the hotel might not reopen until 2023.

So they offered to rebook us into a higher category room in the Blu instead

AnotherUser 181 posts

That’s helpful to know. Must be costing the hotel a fortune if they’re closed for the Festival and New Year’s Eve!

Did you accept the rebooking or decide to stay elsewhere?

Olly 242 posts

Yep, I took it as I’d booked the original room under the rewards booking offer so have ended up getting a very decent return on it

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.