Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Railcard discount for IHG bookings

• dst87 264 posts

I’ve still never been asked for it, but now that digital railcards are available I’m never without my railcard. Best option IMO!

Lula 204 posts

I used to sometimes book govt rate on IHG (as a public sector worker). Only once got asked, at a random HIE in the US. Produced an ID card with photo and no employer and explained that the card didn’t show the employer for security reasons (sort of true) and was allowed to check in. I don’t think the individual was happy about it but what could they do? In lots and lots of other stays (including some other hotels on the same trip) I’ve never been asked for proof. But it can happen.

DoubleA 24 posts

Looks like this may be dead now as the link doesn’t work and I can’t find it on the NR site. Sod’s Law just after I bought a railcard!

AnotherUser 182 posts

Using corporate code 786996886 still brings up Railcard discount for me

dst87 264 posts

I notice that this offer is no longer listed on the railcard website. The code seems to still work for now, but could be a good thing coming to an end? 🤔

Edit: damn I had this page already open and didn’T see the above comments. Sorry for the noise.

tiriavpo 312 posts

Yes – only until the end of the year it seems:

Offer is available to book from January 26th 2022 until December 31st 2022.

And has to be between Thursday and Sunday which might explain some lack of search availability mentioned above?

Found a link that still seems to be live: https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/deals/partner-offers/railcard

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

33% off railcards on train line, in case anyone is interested.

blueghostuk 13 posts

not sure if it is due to the IHG website being temperamental this morning, but I can’t get this rate to work for new bookings any more. Worked ok for a booking last week (despite T&C stating expires end of 2022)

I tried duplicating existing bookings, to see if my new dates were just invalid, and they also say the rate is not available

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,083 posts

Just tried it on a dummy booking entering the corporate code and it works for me

Lula 204 posts

When was that dummy booking for? I tried it the other day, and it seemed to work for a booking in March, but not for one later in the year, so I did wonder if it had a cut off date.

March – I was repricing an already booked trip using a fresh search. Did another one now for the same hotel in September and November and it worked.

But there are restrictions on which nights of the week it’s valid on – IIRC there has to be at least one of a Thur/fri/Sat/Sun night in the booking.

So Sun-Tue would work but not Mon- Tue

blueghostuk 13 posts

must have better luck than me, all of my UK bookings are no longer eligible (valid days of the week)

March
    CP Solihull,
    CP Stratford Upon Avon
    May
    voco Cardiff
    June
    IC o2

blueghostuk 13 posts

Using the corporate id via the app is working for me, so I’m putting it down to a website issue

RonnieB 288 posts

Anybody know any USA corporate codes that work???

dahokolomoki 103 posts

Railcard rate still working. Managed to get a discount for NYC hotels, as well as for Christchurch NZ hotels.

While nowhere in the booking flow mentions that it is a Railcard rate, just a Preferred Partner Rate, I saw that if you click into the little “i” icon next to rates when going through checkout, it says the following:
    COUPON/VOUCHER REQUIRED
    Proof of Eligibility Required
    Proof of partner membership must be presented at check in.

While I do have a railcard and can show it… it is the coupon/voucher requirement which makes me pause. If the front desk sees the same T&Cs during check-in, it is going to be difficult to argue that a coupon/voucher is not required?

Aston100 1,388 posts

If the front desk sees the same T&Cs during check-in, it is going to be difficult to argue that a coupon/voucher is not required?

What are they going to do at reception? cancel your booking and give you a full refund and then be unable to sell your room and thus lose money?

In the booking it does shows as “partner promotion” but when you do the search and enter the code it does say “railcard partner rate” immediately below the code once you enter it and click “apply”.

I’ve never had an issue at any of the hotels I’ve used the rate at. I always carry my railcard anyway just in case they ask but no one ever has.

The language you quote is generic and reflects the various ways these rates can get booked. With some rates the customer actually gets given a voucher. In the US airline “distressed passenger’ rates come to mind and hotels do expect a voucher.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,100 posts

A 2024 reminder of the railcard code?

It’s not changed from the previous mentions

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,100 posts

It’s not changed from the previous mentions

Thank you. I like to keep it updated in my phone notes.

Gavin454 159 posts

Made good use of this for an Oktoberfest (Munich) booking. Unfortunately points bookings are not the bargain they once were now that they are linked to the cash price – the points rates are more than double what I paid a few years ago. Oktoberfest is obviously an expensive time, but the railcard discount took the price below the non-refundable “winter sale” rate and allows me to retain flexibility.

davefl 1,223 posts

Just tried it for a US HIX where there’s a festival across the road from the property in June, and it applied to all rooms apart from the basic double room which I think is pretty unusual.

Corporate rates sometimes have limited availability especially on the lowest level rooms

I was looking at the HI in Man for November and there are zero rooms available using the rail card rate the weekend I want to go which is pretty unusual so I’m off to the CP.

smblcklck 59 posts

Having used this a few times over the years, surprised to see it’s still valid. Just booked 3 nights in August, at the IC Hanoi (of all places) in a Club room for about £160 a night.

Aston100 1,388 posts

Having used this a few times over the years, surprised to see it’s still valid. Just booked 3 nights in August, at the IC Hanoi (of all places) in a Club room for about £160 a night.

Is this the Westlake?
    Looks to me like the basic room is the same size and same view but costs £60+ less per night. Is the lounge access really worth paying that much more for?
    Or is there some other benefit I’ve overlooked? (I’ve booked a suite at the Melia for about £125 pn but happy to change to somewhere better).

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.