Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club [Rant] Appalling customer service now the norm?

• EC1 7 posts

Is it just me or has it now become accepted that BA have appalling customer service? It’s impossible to get through to them through their phone lines, having to regularly wait over an hour just to get through. All to do something you should be able to do online. Status counts for nothing as everything is routed through the same line nowadays. I’ve also had many customer service representative’s accidentally drop the call mid phone call and not even bother to call back.

This was all supposed to be temporary as a result of Covid, but it seems it’s become the norm. BA have an average 1.4 star rating on Trust Pilot – and unlike every other company, they don’t even bother responding to poor reviews to attempt to make things right.

Froggee 889 posts

Yes it sucks. The line cuts off after one hour and the agents can/will only call you back if you have expressly given them permission to do so.

All calls therefore should be commenced with you giving your number and asking for a call back if you happen to be disconnected.

But yes, truly woeful.

truthbetold 131 posts

I agree re callback – yesterday spent 45 minutes talking to the agent and got cut off (was only 15 mins on hold before the complicated multi-sectorbooking process) – I had to start again with a second agent after another 15 minute hold., nothing had been saved.

artdeco 10 posts

Just here to support your rant. I have to call then withib the next 2 weeks and dreading it. Feels like I booked ryanair.

Zoe P 30 posts

Yep me too. I actually got through to someone today and said I wanted to redeem a FTV with a new flight. They told me to hold please. 20 mins later I realised they were not coming back. Imagine being ghosted by BA! Meanwhile I live in fear that someone will take the reward flights I am after! It is beyond shocking. Although if it helps, I just spent 30 mins trying to get through to Sainsburys car insurance. Is it leave + Covid creating a perfect storm. Who knows. But I am flipping well sick of it!

Zoe P 30 posts

Oh and now they are not even accepting calls.

Aston100 1,379 posts

When I finally got through to them a couple of weeks ago (after trying around 30 times over several days) the agent wouldn’t take my number and wasn’t interested in phoning back if we got cut off.
    We just about got my issue resolved before the one hour cut off time.

Unacceptable.

ffwd 59 posts

I had to make more than 20 calls to get a Business Class avios booking changed from departing this Saturday to today.
    Despite booking it a week ago my ticket had not come through so called last night and got it emailed to me just after midnight.
    All seats except 4 now taken so my wife & I can’t sit together.

Absolutely appalling service all round by BA

If only I did not have more avios to use up would never travel with these lot again, surely below Ryanair on the satisfaction stakes.

SteveJ 977 posts

I’d add to this that every single company I seem to deal with still has their default “sorry queues will be longer because, you know, Covid” pre recorded excuse lined up.

Doesn’t fly anymore and in most cases doesn’t even apply, listening to the recorded message often takes longer than the queue!

But BA have of course taken the poor customer service to another level.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    ffwd 59 posts

Ok, just an add on, phone service sh@t, normal airport staff great.
    Just got put in first galleries lounge, did not complain just stated some small problems

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

I changed easyJet flights a few days ago, online and at no extra cost. My exit row seat and cabin bag transferred over, my OH’s didn’t. I used easyJet’s online form to submit a query about this late in the evening. The next morning I had an email apologising for the error and the booking was showing correctly.
    How on earth can BA not even provide a basic level of CS when LCCs are performing to this standard?

ffwd 59 posts

Back to normal BA now, milling about at departure gate 30 mins to take off with no obvious priority boarding

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.