Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Removing card from online account

• Aston100 1,388 posts

Does anyone know if removing one of your cards from your online account for a couple of days has any impact on saved offers, or to any statement credits that are pending?

Context: unable to upgrade my PRG CC to Platinum CC due to the presence of a Rewards CC on the same account (tries to upgrade that instead of the PRG).
    Amex CS don’t seem to understand the issue. Am thinking of temporarily removing the Rewards CC and trying to upgrade the PRG CC again, but cautious about impact to saved offers and a bunch of statement credits that haven’t posted yet.

Skywalker 698 posts

I’ve seen a few cases like this, it seems like very poor coding.

After all, a quick search for the term “The American Express® Rewards Credit Card” on the offer page and you will find no reference to the ARCC and yet the free card seems to upgrade very easily.

All very strange.

Carlos 758 posts

OH tried it didnt make any difference

Skywalker 698 posts

@Carlos – did it make a difference to the offers your OH had or if your OH had their statement credits posted as normal after removal from online account? I think that’s what OP is concerned about

Aston100 1,388 posts

Well, I went ahead and removed the ARCC from the online account, leaving just the PRG.
    Tried upgrading again but got an error saying there are no suitable cards to upgrade, or something like that.
    Added the ARCC back onto the account, and tried upgrading the PRG again, and back to square one: it tries to upgrade the ARCC again.

Called Amex CS, and both times the overseas agent kept telling me there is no Platinum CC, and that I must be talking about the charge card or the cashback platinum card.

Oh well.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.