Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Is Hilton rolling over elite nights from 2021?

• Mick S 271 posts

Do I recall correctly that Hilton are rolling over all nights earned in 2021 to next year?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Michaelgell1991 17 posts

Here’s what they told me on twitter,

We are rolling over everyone’s nights again! All nights that you have completed by December 31st this year will roll over to next year. That means 25 for you so far. No, next year will not be 30 for Diamond again, but it’s not going all the way back up to what it was pre-2020, either. The 2019, (and before), nights requirements of 60 for Diamond, 40 for Gold, and 10 for Silver are being reduced by 30% for 2022. That means 42 nights will be required for Diamond, 28 for Gold, and 7 for Silver.

Mick S 271 posts

thats good news on the reduced requirement then.

So I have 12 nights rolled from 2020, and 46 nights from 2021. I’m assuming the 12 wont roll again, but it looks like I’ve already secured diamond for another year then.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,095 posts

The 12 from 2020 will not roll forward again. But this is a useful update. 42 seems do-able. The bigger challenge will be finding a Hilton in 2022 that a)is in a country that lets UK arrivals in without a further test on arrival and b)has a lounge that is actually open. The US seems to hold more promise than Europe, especially away from the holier than thou double masking (while outdoors) strongholds of NY, LA, SF. But then there’s that insulting F&B credit to factor in. I think I have just talked myself out of actively pursuing Diamond again.

blenz101 24 posts

Middle East is fine for lounge access and full breakfast.

Asia shows no signs of normality though.

RonnieB 288 posts

Plenty lounges open in London Hiltons

Mick S 271 posts

question for the people who have had Diamond status long term. (I got mine in 2019 through a status match and have managed to keep hold of it due to rollovers and reduced requirements, so I’ve been a bit lucky). What is the usual/standard position to nights which have been achieved in addition to what is required? Do Hilton typically roll these over in non covid times?

in my case, I’ve already achieved the 42 for keeping hold of diamond. I’m on 46, with quite a lot of bookings planned already.

Free breakfast/lounge/upgrade to one side, if my 2022 nights dont count for anything I might start to improve my Marriot status instead.

meta 1,441 posts

Yes, any nights above the Diamond threshold are rolled over (even pre-pandemic) up to the qualification requirement for next year. So next year the threshold for qualification is 42, so anything above that qualifies for 2023-2024 status.

John 1,000 posts

in my case, I’ve already achieved the 42 for keeping hold of diamond. I’m on 46, with quite a lot of bookings planned already.

Free breakfast/lounge/upgrade to one side, if my 2022 nights dont count for anything I might start to improve my Marriot status instead.

If you have 42 nights from Jan 2021 to now, then you’ve already qualified for Diamond in the 2022 qualifying year, so your status will last throughout 2023 and until March 2024.

I therefore expect that any nights you actually stay in 2022 will therefore be rolled over to the 2023 qualifying year, which will count towards Diamond throughout 2024 and until March 2025.

(Unless you’ve spent every night in 2022 so far in a Hilton, those extra 4 nights beyond 42 would likely be lost, as they would be from 2021 and not roll over to the 2023 qualifying year.)

As you say, why earn a status and then not use it; well the only other thing is that you also get milestone bonuses every 10 actual nights (starting from 20), albeit they’re not that generous.

Dace 52 posts

What is the stay requirements to hit Diamond next year? Have 7 nights rolling but feel stays may be easier for me.

John 1,000 posts

What is the stay requirements to hit Diamond next year? Have 7 nights rolling but feel stays may be easier for me.

RyanC 9 posts

So I maintained Hilton Diamond during 2021 and understood this to cover me until 2024?

Didn’t Hilton extend status thru to 2023 even if you didn’t meet the threshold?

Dace 52 posts

So I maintained Hilton Diamond during 2021 and understood this to cover me until 2024?

Isn’t it March 2023 rather than the entire calendar year?

John 1,000 posts

Isn’t it March 2023 rather than the entire calendar year?

If you were Diamond in 2021 you now have it until March 2023.

All nights stayed in 2021 (but not nights rolled over from 2020) count for earning status in 2022 which is valid until March 2024.

If you stayed 42 nights in 2021 they are all rolled over to 2022 and you have already retained Diamond until March 2024. Any nights stayed in 2022 will be rolled over to 2023.

RyanC 9 posts

Can someone make sense of this for me at all? I feel a little screwed over….

I had stayed heavily at Hilton from January 2020 until March 202 then Covid-19 put paid to that.

I invested again in Hilton 2021 and achieved Diamond until 2023.

It seems this status extension is almost normal, so forgive me if I have picked this up wrong, but what benefit did I receive for 2021 stays other than a reduced target for 2024? My plans may change imminently so the loyalty shown seems to be rewarded for future stays rather than rewarded for what I did in 2021?

Or do I have this wrong?

RyanC 9 posts

*Until March 2020

John 1,000 posts

Can someone make sense of this for me at all? I feel a little screwed over….

I had stayed heavily at Hilton from January 2020 until March 202 then Covid-19 put paid to that.

I invested again in Hilton 2021 and achieved Diamond until 2023.

It seems this status extension is almost normal, so forgive me if I have picked this up wrong, but what benefit did I receive for 2021 stays other than a reduced target for 2024? My plans may change imminently so the loyalty shown seems to be rewarded for future stays rather than rewarded for what I did in 2021?

Or do I have this wrong?

You haven’t been very clear.

What was your status at the end of 2019?

How many nights did you have in 2020 and how many nights did you have in 2021?

RyanC 9 posts

Stayed 31 nights in 2021 and had achieved Diamond prior to the original lockdown in March 2020.

I have been Diamond for a number of years always through stays and never through Credit Cards.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.