Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice San Sebastian hotel recommendations

• Crafty 150 posts

Heading there for the first time, for 3 nights. Just my wife and I for a romantic break away from the children. Is Hotel Maria Cristina (Bonvoy) worth £500 a night? Could anyone recommend any alternatives worthy of consideration?

DanGK 15 posts

Airbnb is good for San Seb.

YC 221 posts

It is a very nice hotel but I don’t think it’s worth £500 but really enjoyed my stay and location. That said u may be able to get emyr or Amex fhr rate and stack with Amex cb could get a bit more value.

Have also done the nh hotel which is good value but a bit outside town. Other considerations that I have not tried but have noticed akelerra (Amex cb but still very expensive) and room gorka in town for what looks like good value.

My OH actually prefers Biarritz so worth considering if ur going to northern Spain.

agroves 15 posts

We stayed at the Zenit, a converted convent. Stunning architecture in the reception and lounge and well located for the restaurants in the old town

Crafty 150 posts

Thanks for the ideas. Appreciated.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.