Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Say what? 25,000 free Avios from Barclays!

• Eoc 31 posts

Just received odd text from Barclays- sorry if theres a whole thread on this already!-

“We really hope you’re enjoying Barclays Avios Rewards and B.Card A+. To say thanks for being one of the first people to sign up for both, we’d like to give you 25k Avios for free. We’ll automatically add them to your account by the end of October. Your Barclays team.”

Now it may be a scam , it appears to come from Barclays.Guess I jus wait to see if its true. If its true then its customer surprise and delight in action !

Anyone else had this out of the blue?

defender90 25 posts

Anyone else received the below from Barclays?

We really hope you’re enjoying Barclays Avios Rewards and Barclaycard Avios Plus. To say thanks for being one of the first people to sign up for both, we’d like to give you 25,000 Avios for free. We’ll automatically add them to your account by the end of October. Your Barclays team

Bearing Up 54 posts

Yup, rec’d a few mins ago.

EvilGazebo 29 posts

Me too! WTF? Not arguing.

pelicanicecoffeeolaf 64 posts

Just wanted to report that I just received this SMS from Barclays! Anyone else?

“We really hope you’re enjoying Barclays Avios Rewards and Barclaycard Avios Plus. To say thanks for being one of the first people to sign up for both, we’d like to give you 25,000 Avios for free. We’ll automatically add them to your account by the end of October. Your Barclays team”

longbb 2 posts

Got the message too. Sounds like a free lunch for all.

phil 27 posts

Yep – I got one too!

sturgeon 189 posts

Yep. Barclays actually rewarding loyalty, a nice surprise and very generous actually.

Eoc 31 posts

Seems it is.
    Not sure it will stop me downgrading now the annual targets just achieved tho..:)

Skywalker 693 posts

If it’s genuine, you can guarantee they’ll screw it up in some way, they will probably remove 25k avios from you every month or something 😉

Congrats if it’s true and if it goes through okay 😀

AndyGWP 275 posts

me too – hmm… I downgraded the other day 🤦🏻‍♂️… wonder if they’ll appear for me at the end of October

mj1a 11 posts

Me too – although wouldn’t put it past them to describe this as the 25k I’d be getting anyway as the additional 25k sign-up bonus…

PSowden 14 posts

Whilst I complained early on about the poor service from Barclays they seem determined to make up for it. This is a generous bonus

adamh28 2 posts

Ditto. Happy Friday!

In a way tops us earlier birds up to the level of the more recent 50k SUB. Interesting whether HFP knew this was coming?

BugAlugs 6 posts

Made me happy 😃

JDB 4,333 posts

Yes, very welcome to see Barclays rewarding loyalty in a really very generous manner while leaving the early cancellers who came in to nick the 25k out in the cold. I hope Amex gets wind of this as well since their policy is only to reward disloyalty and tell loyal cardholders to go and boil their heads.

Nath4n 66 posts

Alas, opened an account late March 2022, and no message here :/

danimal 85 posts

So is this in addition to the 25000 for opening a premier account which have been sat pending for months and never been added to my BA account.

NorthernLass 7,462 posts

There’s something odd going on with the app just now as well!

Carlos 758 posts

is this for those who didnt get the 50k bonus>

Skywalker 693 posts

There’s something odd going on with the app just now as well!

Like what @Northernlass?

rahaney 44 posts

Received text earlier today too. Makes up for the delay in receiving the card for me!

Sounds like it was for those who do both avios rewards through premier and have the av+??

I suppose it is £27pm even with the rebate 12+20-5… but 2 vouchers per year instead…

Wish you could combine it with an Amex though! 😂

NorthernLass 7,462 posts

All the account info seems to have disappeared. There’s a separate thread.

ankomonkey 45 posts

I’ve had the Hilton Barclaycard for about 10 years. Where’s the big loyalty reward from Barclays for that?

bartas8891 37 posts

Since when do banks value loyalty? :O

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.