Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Say what? 25,000 free Avios from Barclays!

• PSowden 14 posts

You quote the @hfp twitter We will find out why on Monday
    So Rob and team were clearly aware and must be part of a broader strategy by Barclays

NorthernLass 7,476 posts

I’ve had the Hilton Barclaycard for about 10 years. Where’s the big loyalty reward from Barclays for that?

Seriously? 😂

pbcold 346 posts

I’ve had the Hilton Barclaycard for about 10 years. Where’s the big loyalty reward from Barclays for that?

Seriously? 😂

That card has been a gold mine for years.

SteveJ 977 posts

Wonder if another bonus round of SUBs is coming and BC are preempting the early adopter backlash? Otherwise seems very out of the blue.

Carlos 758 posts

Wonder if another bonus round of SUBs is coming and BC are preempting the early adopter backlash? Otherwise seems very out of the blue.

the backlash was from the hfp offer if i recall but this offer is to a much wider audience

JDB 4,341 posts

the backlash was from the hfp offer if i recall but this offer is to a much wider audience

This is also a gift given to those who have signed up for both the Premier Account and Avios Plus card and presumably excludes cancellers/downgraders.

iamlost 108 posts

I have Premier but decided to go for the free Avios CC when the HfP promo ran, and I haven’t received any text.

JDB 4,341 posts

I have Premier but decided to go for the free Avios CC when the HfP promo ran, and I haven’t received any text.

It’s for having Premier and Avios Plus together, not the free card per the text.

ee 48 posts

For anyone with Blue Rewards, they have just brought out a Rainy Day Saver account paying 5% on balances up to £5k. Instant access.

Abdul 69 posts

Did we get 50k sign-up or 25k?

I didn’t get the text, signed up in June 2022.

Abdul 69 posts

2+ hours on hold and no pickup, I can see why they give away all these Avios… cos the CS is turderific.

Dudulle 47 posts

Now this makes more sense.

Carlos 758 posts

so existing members do not qualify for the new 100k bonus?

Dudulle 47 posts

so existing members do not qualify for the new 100k bonus?

Not if they already have both the avios plus card and avios rewards.

Ant68 56 posts

Have had the Avios Plus card since April, and have not received a free 25k text.

Rossy 14 posts

Have anyone’s points posted yet? I switched to a premier account and signed up the the black card about 5 months ago. I receive the normal 1,500 points around this time each month but got 26,500 today – however I’m unsure if this includes my 25k points due from switching current account (which I haven’t received up to this point) or if it’s the 25k bonus points mentioned in the text message I got. Anyone else able to share when they received their 25k points from the switching promo?

danimal 90 posts

I am wondering the same…

Have anyone’s points posted yet? I switched to a premier account and signed up the the black card about 5 months ago. I receive the normal 1,500 points around this time each month but got 26,500 today – however I’m unsure if this includes my 25k points due from switching current account (which I haven’t received up to this point) or if it’s the 25k bonus points mentioned in the text message I got. Anyone else able to share when they received their 25k points from the switching promo?

VinZ 142 posts

Those who got the text, do you have the plus card and premier account or…? I was one of he earlier adopters but downgraded after months and months of shambolic CS. I haven’t seen a single avios in 3 months already…

pelicanicecoffeeolaf 64 posts

Those who got the text, do you have the plus card and premier account or…? I was one of he earlier adopters but downgraded after months and months of shambolic CS. I haven’t seen a single avios in 3 months already…

Yes, Plus card and Premier account. Have not downgraded.

TerryTierPoints 72 posts

My 25,000 posted to my BA Executive Club account today.

Points Hound 47 posts

My 25,000 posted to my BA Executive Club account today.

+1

breadcrumbs 1 post

25,000 Avios just posted to my BA account from Barclaycard.

Data Points…

Card Received: April 2022
    Welcome Bonus Posted 25,000 Avios: May 2022
    Card: Avios Plus
    *Existing Barclays Premier account holder before applying.

No text message or email received, I have marketing turned off on my account, I only knew about this when looking at my BA Executive Club statement. Quick google and this thread was found.

No mention of Avios on the Barclays app.

elguiri 216 posts

Mine posted today too

pelicanicecoffeeolaf 64 posts

+1 posted today

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.