Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Seats not working in First

• AY 27 posts

Hi

Flying 4 people in first today back from Dubai, none of the seat controls are working for any of us. Cabin crew tried to reset but still not working.

Do you think BA would compensate? Tickets were cash not points.

WaynedP 258 posts

I submitted polite, balanced feedback in May this year following my wife’s CW seat failure JNB-LHR which meant she had to eat breakfast in the lie-flat position (or disturb the still sleeping passenger one row down, whose occupied foot rest meant that cabin crew couldn’t manually adjust my wife’s seat). This is the old style ying-yang CW cabin. I didn’t explicitly ask for any compensation, just pointed out my disappointment, more for the sake of the already stretched cabin crew who were put in a challenging position by a BA hard product failure.

We were awarded 40,000 Avios each, which I consider to be almost embarrassingly generous, although I think that several factors counted in our favour, like the fact that we tried in good faith to solve the issue on board with cabin crew, and chose to contain the problem to our own experience rather than wake a fellow sleeping passenger and spread the inconvenience.

PeteM 709 posts

Hi

Flying 4 people in first today back from Dubai, none of the seat controls are working for any of us. Cabin crew tried to reset but still not working.

Do you think BA would compensate? Tickets were cash not points.

I would definitely raise a complaint – the first compensation offer is likely to be derisory, so you may have to press the point. For F this really isn’t great!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.