Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Seattle

• HM007 27 posts

Grabbed 241’s here en route to Hawaii. Any hotel recommendations please?

masaccio 778 posts

Disrecommendation for the Paramount. It’s OK, but breakfast options in the area are terrible.

degsy 153 posts

We recently stayed at Embassy Suites Pioneer Square, right next to the railway station (& two stadii).
    Highly recommended.

Tracey 218 posts

Not the Kimpton Monaco, area is now well populated by the homeless and zombies, staff are disinterested and house keeping is not offered at all.

degsy 153 posts

This is worth a look – we had a little bit of hotel envy when we saw it. Good location too.
    https://www.edgewaterhotel.com/

dougzz99 628 posts

It was last year but I found the area near the stadiums to the south of downtown nice. Downtown has typical homeless situation. I stayed at Embassy Suites there which was very nice, but dependant on what sort of hotel expectations you have may not be what you want. The ES pricing varies greatly with events at the two stadiums there.
    I also stayed at the Crowne Plaza at the airport, walkable, which was fine. Decent rail connection from there to more central areas.

HM007 27 posts

Thanks for the help and guidance: IHG and Hilton points rich so dodged a bulletin re Monaco as that was on short list! The Edgewater looks fab mind 👍👍

pauline 45 posts

Do you have time to go to the Chihuly Garden and Glass – on my bucket list

HM007 27 posts

It’s a moveable feast atm and can start there as long as we need to tick off the sights which has to include the Fishmarket! Most branded hotels downtown but issues with locals it would seam!

AndyGWP 278 posts

Not the Kimpton Monaco, area is now well populated by the homeless and zombies, staff are disinterested and house keeping is not offered at all.

we didn’t really rate ‘inside’ the hotel either tbh

masaccio 778 posts

Chihuly is amazing. My favourite thing from 3 visits to Seattle.

davefl 1,411 posts

Chihuly is amazing. My favourite thing from 3 visits to Seattle.

Seattle kicked off my obsession with him, and I’ve been to many of the outdoor exhibitions since then in various parts of the world and also tracked down pieces in various museums.

This is worth watching https://www.imdb.com/title/tt24862190/

Man of Kent 78 posts

We are going to be in Seattle for 5 days next month and were originally planning to stay at the Fairmont Olympic but since booking, recent reviews are not looking too good and the reports of the area around Downtown are giving me the sort of feeling I don’t need when I’m on holiday. Had a quick look at the Edgewater Hotel but they seem to be fully booked for our dates. Was considering staying on Bainbridge Island and getting the ferry over to the city so would be interested to hear if anyone has tried that option.

travelersolo 71 posts

I stayed in sound hotel belltown for 4 nights back in March. It’s a 10 min walk to pike place market. Nice hotel got upgraded to via hilton status plus daily food and beverage credit was useful for little tuck shop they have in reception.

Bacco cafe and biscuit bit*ch are really good choices for breakfast if you are near pike place market

Also Bloedel reserve on bainbridge is well worth a visit.

If you got time day trip it to mount rainier.

degsy 153 posts

We are going to be in Seattle for 5 days next month and were originally planning to stay at the Fairmont Olympic but since booking, recent reviews are not looking too good and the reports of the area around Downtown are giving me the sort of feeling I don’t need when I’m on holiday. Had a quick look at the Edgewater Hotel but they seem to be fully booked for our dates. Was considering staying on Bainbridge Island and getting the ferry over to the city so would be interested to hear if anyone has tried that option.

It’s a lovely island, very pleasant & relaxing and quite a contrast to Seattle. We didn’t stay there but did do a day trip – it’s only 35 mins journey time and the ferries were relatively frequent (certainly during the summer).
    There are some eating & drinking options on the island, although probably not enough to last all 5 days (at least that we saw)
    So staying there would certainly be doable, with a bit of planning.

HM007 27 posts

I stayed in sound hotel belltown for 4 nights back in March. It’s a 10 min walk to pike place market. Nice hotel got upgraded to via hilton status plus daily food and beverage credit was useful for little tuck shop they have in reception.

Bacco cafe and biscuit bit*ch are really good choices for breakfast if you are near pike place market

Also Bloedel reserve on bainbridge is well worth a visit.

If you got time day trip it to mount rainier.

Belltown looks a nice area TY

Man of Kent 78 posts

It’s a lovely island, very pleasant & relaxing and quite a contrast to Seattle. We didn’t stay there but did do a day trip – it’s only 35 mins journey time and the ferries were relatively frequent (certainly during the summer).
    There are some eating & drinking options on the island, although probably not enough to last all 5 days (at least that we saw)
    So staying there would certainly be doable, with a bit of planning.

Thanks, we’ve gone for an Airbnb on Bainbridge Island that’s near the ferry terminal and the bars / restaurants so we should be able to get to the city fairly easy. As we won’t need to pay any parking charges on the island we can keep the car to explore Bainbridge and then drive to SEA for our flight home.

peterH 11 posts

I stayed at the Arctic Club in October 2019 and was fantastic – possibly the most comfortable bed I’ve ever had and great decor. Was associated with Hilton then but believe has changed. Location was very good for bus and metro and pretty easy to walk to waterfront and other sites too.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.