Seychelles – Family Holiday
27th November 2023 at 08:48roger 225 posts
I am spending this christmas in Seychelles with family (incl. 2 teenagers).
I am sorted with my flights and accommodation.
Trying to figure out car hire and local SIM / eSIM for data connectivity.
I was OK with hiring car from local supplier in MRU but not so sure about SEZ but seems I am out of luck as many on premises car hire oprening hours are strange particlarly at weekends!
1) What is my choice for a local SIM. Has anyone used – Orange Holiday World?
Holafly seems to provide unlimited DATA but could not confirm FUP.
2) Should I stick to local car hire COMPANY (have Amex Platinum Insurance + Curve Metal) or likes of Avis?
3) Any other destination advice or must do for Winter get-away.27th November 2023 at 08:53Tracey 240 posts
airalo for an eSIM. I have used it in other countries without a problem, in the Seychelles we just stuck to the hotel wifi.3rd December 2023 at 11:04roger 225 posts
For visiting syechelles one must apply in advance via Seychelles Electronic Border System
which is complusory (10 Euro per person) and add the same time can do add-on service and get AIrtel or C&W SIM (and eSIM for both).
so really no need to buy Orange Holiday World or any other option as SIM can be collected at Airport kiosk.
I am now looking to book a day hire taxi as I land quite early in morning and check in is after the noon time!
Can anyone suggest a day hotel or similar option in SEZ?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- slidey on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- revkev7 on InterContinental Edinburgh – lounge and rooms
- yorkshireRich on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- derbydave on Driving in Japan
- Harrier25 on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- JDB on BA Amex Premium Plus Pro rata refund question
- Alan TJ on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- JohnBart on Virgin flight Point Booster – good idea?
- Super Secret Stuff on BA Prepaid Mastercard card closure
- Hotwings on Qatar The NinetyThird lounge, don’t waste your points [free meal not provided]
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.