Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Other hotel schemes Shangri La Advent calendar

• Rich_A 92 posts

In the app.

‘Sign in every six consecutive days’ (I don’t know what this means!) – 50 points

Sign all 24 days – 100 points

I signed in on day one and got 20 points.

Potentially a not insignificant number of points up fruit grabs here.

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

Thanks for the heads-up @Rich_A ! I would interpret the clumsy wording as meaning ‘if you sign-in for six consecutive days you earn 50 points’. This can be repeated x4 in the run-up to Christmas to earn 4 x 50 points. If you have done this everyday until the 24th then you also receive the 100 point bonus. So a total of 300 points I’d expect. At the new fixed redemption value of 15 points to the dollar rate that is USD20 worth.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Anyone had a coffee or meal at Shangri-La London and got status extended?

E 92 posts

I emailed Golden Circle and they confirmed that a coffee or meal in the London hotel would work. Status won’t be extended until January so you won’t see it immediately. The challenge was getting the London hotel to allow me to have a coffee as their outlets were closed midweek unless you were a hotel guest but I managed to persuade them to let me to Ting in just for a coffee.

tical 18 posts

What e-mail did you contact?

polly 289 posts

Cup of coffee at Shrangri-la rasa Sayang Penang did it for us… they were highly amused, esp when everything was free in their lounge…

Rich_A 92 posts

Ate at Ting last month, but the points never appeared in my Circle account. Retroclaim form seems to be geared towards stays, so I’ve emailed them a copy of the receipt and reminded them to renew Jade. Fingers crossed

E 92 posts

I sent the email to shangri-la.circle@shangri-la.com. Took a few days to get a reply but I did get one and have hung onto the reply in case no extension happens!

Froggee 896 posts

Zero points so far. Today I get a cheerful message saying that all the rewards were gone so tough luck.

I’m not waiting up until midnight but for those that are awake then it could be a winner.

Gagravarr 62 posts

Likewise no points for me. Not even sure if being up at midnight UK time would be enough, the rewards could all be gone 8-10 hours earlier when it’s midnight in their key Asian markets!

In other advent calendar competition news, M&S Sparks are also doing one, App only also. Yesterday I got a free box of mince pies! Today was a discount on something I wouldn’t buy…

Accor often do one too, but I haven’t found anything so far

yorkieflyer 259 posts

I emailed Golden Circle and they confirmed that a coffee or meal in the London hotel would work. Status won’t be extended until January so you won’t see it immediately. The challenge was getting the London hotel to allow me to have a coffee as their outlets were closed midweek unless you were a hotel guest but I managed to persuade them to let me to Ting in just for a coffee.

bought drinks in Bar31 number on receipt but no points, sent email to Hotel with no response so far, also tried head office with no response

tical 18 posts

Thanks E – just re-sent my e-mail as there was no reply to the original from 14 November

yorkieflyer 259 posts

Success points posted from my chase email, let’s see if Jade renews as I need it for a 6 Jan stay

E 92 posts

@yorkieflyer, fingers crossed for you that it’s as quick as that. They said status won’t be extended until January so it won’t be visible as an extension now. I wasn’t sure if it was going to be a manual process (they didn’t say) but hopefully not, although I won’t need it till a few months into 2023.

Froggee 896 posts

I have temporarily taken up residence in Auckland for the purpose of checking this which gives me a head start on Asia. Spectacularly unsuccessful so far although I did win a free drink tonight tomorrow night if I happen to be at a participating hotel by some miracle.

It clearly isn’t going to be a bonanza for points as some hoped.

George K 292 posts

Trying to figure out whether the 24 consecutive days include the 25h, as I missed the checkin on the 1st of December.

I’m also in the same boat with a F&B spend which has failed to post. Have just emailed the contact address and hope to hear back. Otherwise, I may take up that coffee at the Shard…

Charles Martel 124 posts

bought drinks in Bar31 number on receipt but no points, sent email to Hotel with no response so far, also tried head office with no response

I bought a drink on a Wednesday, the points didn’t post until Friday without a chase, may be a laggy system?

AndyGWP 275 posts

I did the first day of this, then forgot all about it… doh! lol

Froggee 896 posts

So that’s Christmas over for Shangri-La.

Once I realised I needed to change my phone to Auckland for the time and open the calendar at 11am UK time I did okay.

Annoyingly I missed the first day which cost me 150 points but i got the other 3 x 50 bonus points and a further 100 points for a total of 250 points, some of which I’ve already used to contribute to ordering a teddy bear and a gingerbread tree for a friend in Hong Kong using otherwise expiring points.

In addition I got 2 x free breakfasts (only if staying so less use as Jade), 1x 25% off buffet (valid for a group), and an upgrade voucher (not valid at some of the flagship hotels including the Shard).

The vouchers expire in June so are unlikely to be used but it was fun.

George K 292 posts

I didn’t do the timezone trick, but was annoyed that every box I opened at midnight UK-time was already showing ‘sorry all the rewards have been redeemed’

In semi-related news, the spend I had done as part of the promo to extend Jade for another year did not track, and getting nowhere with their email address. I really hope I can get them to honour this, because I did give my card to the waiter(s) and they did scan it, so points should have posted…

arg

So that’s Christmas over for Shangri-La.

Once I realised I needed to change my phone to Auckland for the time and open the calendar at 11am UK time I did okay.

Annoyingly I missed the first day which cost me 150 points but i got the other 3 x 50 bonus points and a further 100 points for a total of 250 points, some of which I’ve already used to contribute to ordering a teddy bear and a gingerbread tree for a friend in Hong Kong using otherwise expiring points.

In addition I got 2 x free breakfasts (only if staying so less use as Jade), 1x 25% off buffet (valid for a group), and an upgrade voucher (not valid at some of the flagship hotels including the Shard).

The vouchers expire in June so are unlikely to be used but it was fun.

Wow, that’s brilliant. I now feel stupid for thinking about changing time zone but not trying it. 😔

I have temporarily taken up residence in Auckland for the purpose of checking this which gives me a head start on Asia. Spectacularly unsuccessful so far although I did win a free drink tonight tomorrow night if I happen to be at a participating hotel by some miracle.

It clearly isn’t going to be a bonanza for points as some hoped.

I just noticed this post! Lesson learnt: don’t miss reading the HfP forum!

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

So was there meant to be another box today ? The calendar disappeared from the app at midnight… I’d swear I have done the calendar every day but only received 3 of the 4 sets of 50 points and no 100 point bonus for completing the full set – did anyone else have this problem? Not the end of the world but a bit frustrating.

Froggee 896 posts

I’m pretty sure it was just 24 boxes. I thought I’d started on the 1st but I only had 23 boxes also. The Christmas box had a picture on it and no lock.

Maybe next year!

TJ 91 posts

I opened every box and ended up with 340 points (100, 4×50, 2×20). Also received confirmation that my coffee at Bar 31 as part of the recent promo will result in the extension of my Jade membership for another year. Can’t complain!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.