Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Sheraton Grand London Park Lane experiences?

• shilly 111 posts

Hi due to go in 2 weeks time on the Intern rate has anyone any useful information that might help. How is the lounge, do you get afternoon tea and are there any drinks etc in the room provided etc any tips appreciated thanks

George K 292 posts

Hey – did you book the Grand Suite? If so, this will be undoubtedly the highlight of your stay! It’s a proper apartment with anything you’d ever want.

Lounge was underwhelming when we went there, compared to pre-pandemic. It’s a big space, that’s for sure, but the afternoon tea offering was the only food provided in the lounge, really (we took breakfast at the main restaurant). Scones, clotted cream and jam and some cake are available in the lounge. That’s it. There’s a fridge with cokes, water and beer and you can take those to your room.

I remember pre-pandemic there were canape-style savoury offerings in the evening, but those were not forthcoming when we were there three months ago.

shilly 111 posts

Hi George, what about in the room itself were there any freebies ie drinks etc did you visit the lounge early evening what were the times? Thanks again

George K 292 posts

We had a big cake sent up as it was my wife’s birthday and the stay was indeed a treat for her – they also had balloons and a card which was a nice touch. I generally steer clear of whatever food offering is in the minibar/fridge as I can’t tell what’s complimentary and what’s not most of the time. There is a well stocked rotating spirits bar in the room, but certainly not free as far as I could tell. We went to the lounge twice for the afternoon tea offering, which was as described above. No savoury offerings.

This lounge compared very poorly with the one of the JW Grosvenor House, which appears to offer hot meals pretty much throughout the day (and an extensive selection of drinks). I was very impressed with it last month!

memesweeper 1,255 posts

The lounge F&B was poor when we were there six months ago.

The suite itself is fabulous. Loved the bedroom, bathroom, living room and dining room. The communal hotel areas also hold some gems — the Art Deco lift indicators for instance. Tempting though it is try not spend all your time in the suite!

cats_are_best 99 posts

We stayed there late November for a couple of nights, booked an Art Deco Suite, no upgrade (only Gold), the hotel was clearly not full.

Only freebies in the room were a couple of bottles of still water and the coffee/tea tray, there was not enough space in the minibar-fridge to chill the water without tripping the sensors, but they just cancelled the charges on checkout without a quibble.

The room was let down by the peeling tape that had been used to in an unsuccessful attempt to seal the gaps in the bathroom windows, and the temperature, brrrr, it took a full day for the room to warm up, even with the temperature set as high as it would go.

The bathroom never warmed up, though turning on the shower at scalding temperature and leaving it a while with the door shut made it temporarily comfy to shower in, though the condensation on cold walls and ceiling was pouring off.

The bar to the right of the Piccadilly entrance seemed bit dowdy compared to the decor of the central area which was lovely.

We had to make repeated requests to get a proper wine list to see what bubbly they had, the same issue at the central bar, and once again at the restaurant. Three occasions over the two days, which was every time we tried. It was also clear that the menus had several pages removed.

A Mayfair hotel unable to produce a wine list!

Food in the central dining area was just about average, not much choice either, again far from what you’d expect from the decor/location. We didn’t try the Italian restaurant.

Breakfast was another let down, poor choice and mediocre quality, on the second day we walked up to 45 Jermyn Street where we had an excellent breakfast with a bottle or bubbly (they had no difficulty producing the wine list first time of asking.)

The lounge was ok-ish, with some nice nooks to sit in, but marred by annoying background music, only basic nibbles at the early evening drinks slot, seemed a poor offering for such a hotel.

Staff were all good, I put the issues solely down to the management.

I’m easy going and generally don’t bother about the odd issue, but there were so many ways that the hotel failed to meet reasonable expectations, there’s no way I’d book it again.

I rate the JWM on Park Lane far higher, it lacks the art deco style of the suite, but by every other measure it wins hands down.

Tracy 315 posts

I’ll be staying here in March on the intern rate for 2 nights before flying to Porto for 5 nights at Duoro Valley also on intern or equivalent rate lol. Can’t wait….

shilly 111 posts

Stayed in The Grand Suite over the weekend and the suite is fabulous. The hotel staff were very friendly. We were offered a glass of bubbly when we were checking in which we gladly accepted. There was a large bowl of fruit, a bottle of wine with a welcome message from the hotel manager attached and bottled water which were all complimentary.
    The lounge offerings were from 2.30 scones, jam and cream along with cake etc as above and we may have struck lucky on the evening canapés as there was hot food ie cannelloni along with different breads, varying types of snacks and meze etc. There was only 1 type of red wine but 6 different white wines as well as bottled Peroni which pleased my husband. The breakfast staff were lovely and couldn’t do enough and although it was a buffet we were able to have omelettes and poached eggs cooked to order so we were very happy. Along with a late checkout and the weather we had a great weekend so thanks to HFP and contributors for highlighting this.

Michael C 667 posts

Stayed in The Grand Suite over the weekend and the suite is fabulous. The hotel staff were very friendly. We were offered a glass of bubbly when we were checking in which we gladly accepted. There was a large bowl of fruit, a bottle of wine with a welcome message from the hotel manager attached and bottled water which were all complimentary.
    The lounge offerings were from 2.30 scones, jam and cream along with cake etc as above and we may have struck lucky on the evening canapés as there was hot food ie cannelloni along with different breads, varying types of snacks and meze etc. There was only 1 type of red wine but 6 different white wines as well as bottled Peroni which pleased my husband. The breakfast staff were lovely and couldn’t do enough and although it was a buffet we were able to have omelettes and poached eggs cooked to order so we were very happy. Along with a late checkout and the weather we had a great weekend so thanks to HFP and contributors for highlighting this.

Our pre-Xmas stay was identical to this!
    We actually had two intern stays: we obviously had a good time on the first one, although several things “went wrong”, but the second one was fabulous in every respect.
    As mentioned, small warm snacks in the evening (not enough for dinner!!) but I found the lounge dark and uninviting (and unmanned).
    However, public areas stunning (even more so at Xmas) and really enjoyed b/fast too: the lower room has tables looking out onto the street.
    If there are any seafood fans, Frank’s Bar in the downstairs of Maison François on the side street by Fortnum’s has an oyster happy hour daily from 1700-1900h…one pound each!

meta 1,441 posts

I am glad that they improved. I didn’t have a great experience on my stay in September, but given these recent reports it seems most of the issues that I raised with the management have been rectified.

agk2003 0 post

hi there any more recent reviews of the sheraton grand park lane? we recently booked to stay with family over the holidays and it was between the sheraton and jw. can still switch if need be. same points value. went with the sheraton due to location but wonder if the jw might have been the smarter option for service and amenities. thoughts?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.