Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Singapore BA15/BA16 lounge strategy (LHR-SIN-SYD)

• AJA 1,071 posts

@jamdonut I am sorry to have missed you. By the time I could take a wander around the cabin after dinner and watching one movie you were fast asleep. I tried a second time when we were about 3 hours from SIN but you were still sleeping. I hope you managed to get to the lounge in Singapore. And I hope the onward flight to SYD was good. I must say I don’t envy you doing it in one go. I was glad to get off in SIN.

It was my first experience of Club Suites and I am torn but generally impressed. I found the seat comfortable and managed to sleep for a solid 6 hours. But I find it slightly claustrophobic too and knocked my knees on the foot coffin. I also found the foot stool too far away, basically only useable when in flat bed mode, and the raised bit on the floor is offset at an angle – I would have thought it should be aligned with the IFE so I found my feet in an awkward position when eating dinner and breakfast. Raising the calf support helped but left my feet dangling in the air. Despite the claustrophobia I loved the privacy even with the door open but it’s great when closed. I also like the IFE screen although it is slightly offset to the right – I watched both Barbie and Oppenheimer, both films were excellent.

But I found getting into and out of the seat a bit awkward, it’s a very tight gap. And the aisle is “just” wide enough. And the shoulder strap seatbelt is very uncomfortable -I found it very tight and dug into my shoulder. Thankfully you can disconnect it from the lap part so just use it for take off and landing. Also while it’s great to have storage space I found the ones at shoulder height too shallow and just left the lids open. Also the one that stores the water and has the mirror would not close and kept banging during the bit of the flight when we had some quite severe turbulence.

The food and presentation of it was excellent and I had a fantastic cabin crew assigned to me – very friendly and proactive and happy to please. I thanked her, telling her how great she was and for making the flight so great and she seemed genuinely pleased. Crew are definitely the reason I fly with BA.

Over all a great experience. It will be interesting to compare to the legacy CW seat on the A380 (my first experience of the A380 despite how long they’ve been flying) on the return flight.

HampshireHog 117 posts

@jamdonut You definitely get off the plane at SIN even if in transit. Theres a 1hr 20 minute stop assuming the SIN-SYD flight takes off on schedule so time for a quick trip to the lounge.

I’m on the same flight but just to SIN. Seated in the smaller CW section so would be great to meet you.

I missed this earlier, what a small world! I was on BA15 in the front mini Club cabin on Monday 11th too as far as SIN. Finished my journey in a crew seat, I reckon the seat took exception to my VS pjs and refused to leave bed mode at brekkie

AJA 1,071 posts

@HampshireHog Sorry to have missed you too. We could have had a mini airborne HfP do.

At least you were able to sleep. Not sure sitting in a crew seat is that good nor even if it is a bit exotic. I wonder if they vwere able to fix the problem. And what would have happened for any passenger getting on at SIN for SYD if they’d been allocated your seat.

zapato1060 637 posts

Legend states that jamdonut is still sleeping 😀 @AJA very thorough review for someone like me whose never gone in CS. Hope your returns goes well too.

Rich1122 4 posts

The Qatar lounge was such a great play when I returned on the BA16 last week. Completely empty and perfect for me and the family. Will be using it again in the future. Important to note only Biz+ tickets accepted and not status.

Lady London 2,054 posts

We spent 5 hours in the

Qatar lounge in Singapore a few days ago. It’s very quiet, the staff very attentive and the food as stated in the a la carte restaurant was excellent. Ask for the ice cream which was created by the chef to celebrate Chinese NewYear. After such a great experience our flight to Helsinki was cancelled due to technical reasons. Enjoy.

Ice cream? I am trying to feel sorry about your flight cancellation but it’s not working 🙂

Was it an AY flight and are you eligible for compensation?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.