Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Singapore InterContinental options

• BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Any opinions on the ICs at SIN? Booked the Bugis one, but wondering if the rooms appear small-ish and old. Location appears to be very good though.

AndyUK101 49 posts

I’m a big fan of this hotel, can’t comment on the entry-level rooms as they have always upgraded me by 1 or 2 levels (even on points)

Location is great, service is excellent with a nice blend of colonial style tea / lunch in the lobby, a modern bistro and a classic pub. Nice pool and a decent lounge

I prefer this over the RQ IC but back when i last stayed the RQ was more expensive but location isn’t that important, taxis are cheap and plentiful

Michael C 670 posts

I think Bugis is beautiful, but you’re right, the rooms aren’t massive, and the views are not very “open”, meaning it doesn’t feel spacious. However, if it’s for making use of the Club, evenings in Little India, etc., it’s fabulous.
    As we now have a third member of the family in tow, we’re going to the Shangri-La for the pool/kids’ club, etc.
    Horses for courses, and all that!

AndyUK101 49 posts

1 bed king corner is where i’ve ended up the last couple of times, no issues with the size of those rooms

George K 289 posts

I haven’t been since 2018, and at the time they were renovating their traditional section. I do like this hotel and I didn’t think the room was small at all. This is where I burned my last IHG credit card free night!

You really can’t beat the location. I thought the pool could be a bit bigger but the decor, layout and service overall were great.

SGJNI 69 posts

Each of the hotels have their merits, depends what is more important to you. Pool? Bugis Modern? RC. Old colonial? Bugis. Location isn’t terribly important in this part of the City, both are a 20/25 minute walk to MBS or The Fullerton, Orchard Road requires a taxi or the MTR, both cheap.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.