Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Singapore Transit onto BA16

• defender90 25 posts

Good Morning,

In a couple of weeks we fly into Singapore from Ko Samui on PG961 and then depart a few hours later on BA16.

These are separate bookings and am I struggling to get a clear answer on whether we can transit through Singapore and avoid having to clear immigration and the current associated Covid forms.

PG have confirmed they will check our bags through to LHR but cannot issue boarding passes – is there a BA counter in Transit to be able to do this or are we going to have to go Landside?

Thanks,
    Peter

Aston100 1,383 posts

I have it in writing from Bangkok Airways that they won’t interline or do through luggage or whatever with any airline if it is on separate tickets.
    It’s also on their website.

This is going back to early this year. Maybe they’ve changed they policy recently?

defender90 25 posts

I’d read through that policy last night so messaged them and got the below back:

Thank you for the information.

As we’ve checked, the baggage can be checked through to the final destination with British Airways from Samui. But the passengers will not receive boarding passes from Singapore to Heathrow with us. In this case, the passengers have to check with BA whether they have the counter to receive boarding passes in transit or not.

Aston100 1,383 posts

I’d read through that policy last night so messaged them and got the below back:

Thank you for the information.

As we’ve checked, the baggage can be checked through to the final destination with British Airways from Samui. But the passengers will not receive boarding passes from Singapore to Heathrow with us. In this case, the passengers have to check with BA whether they have the counter to receive boarding passes in transit or not.

Well good luck and hope it goes well

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.