Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Sorry – you’re not eligible for a 100,000 Avios bonus

• GimmeMorePoints 93 posts

I have the Barclaycard Avios Plus but I don’t have a Premier Banking Account (I have a Barclays Current Account but I make less than 75k).

Barclays says I’m not eligible for avios bonus?

Thanks

aq.1988 456 posts

My understanding is that you would not be eligible for free Premier Banking, as you need either £75k gross income or £100k with Barclays. I thought you can get Premier banking for £20pm if you’re not eligible to get it for free.

Edit: Not sure if that means you would be eligible for the bonus by paying the £20pm

JDB 4,372 posts

My understanding is that you would not be eligible for free Premier Banking, as you need either £75k gross income or £100k with Barclays. I thought you can get Premier banking for £20pm if you’re not eligible to get it for free.

Edit: Not sure if that means you would be eligible for the bonus by paying the £20pm

I think that the £20/month is effectively a ‘penalty’ price if you cease to pay in the requisite amount on a regular basis, but you still need to be eligible (on the £75k income or £100k investments) to apply in the first place, so you can’t offer to pay £20/month to buy your way in.

GimmeMorePoints 93 posts

Oh, I don’t know why I assumed that I would be eligible if I agreed to pay the £20 for Premier. That sucks..

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

Oh, I don’t know why I assumed that I would be eligible if I agreed to pay the £20 for Premier. That sucks..

We thought this too, but Barclays is telling us it isn’t working yet (even though it is on the website), so who knows.

JDB 4,372 posts

We thought this too, but Barclays is telling us it isn’t working yet (even though it is on the website), so who knows.

Rhys – I think Rob said yesterday that he would ask Barclays re the eligibility checker that asks if you have a Barclays account, and if you tick no, takes you to a question ‘do you pay £75k into a Barclays account’. If you answer correctly it then says you are ineligible. Also, I and quite a few others have raised the point that the HfP link takes you to the 100k (for those with BC Avios Plus) but then sends you off to the app (no option to go on desktop/laptop unless you have no ID!) that offers all Barclays accounts, not just Premier so highly unlikely it would track. Would like to apply but don’t want aggro re tracking.

GimmeMorePoints 93 posts

I guess I’ll just have to wait and see. I’ll keep an eye out for the Q&A Rob mentioned. Hopefully we’ll have more insights then

RonnieB 288 posts

I am also waiting a while for glitches to be ironed out, this could be another fiasco like the early applicants for the credit card.

rio 25 posts

if your Barclays account receives more than £3330 per month (which is a lot less than 75k gross) you can upgrade to Premier in the app

Nath4n 67 posts

Has anyone that has a standard Barclays current account applied for Premier in order to take part in this offer?

If so – do you mind if I ask what questions it asks within the app to do this as an upgrade? Does it ask for a salary declaration, or does it ask you to confirm that £x amount will be going into the account each month / OR £100k invested in savings.

Thanks very much in advance.

rio 25 posts

Has anyone that has a standard Barclays current account applied for Premier in order to take part in this offer?

If so – do you mind if I ask what questions it asks within the app to do this as an upgrade? Does it ask for a salary declaration, or does it ask you to confirm that £x amount will be going into the account each month / OR £100k invested in savings.

I did it yesterday, in the app there was an option to upgrade, you can see the questions there (you will have to confirm before you proceed with the actual upgrade)
    It asked what is your net monthly salary and annual gross salary. since my net monthly was higher than £3330 required I adjusted the gross slightly upwards to 75k (not sure if this is necessary) and was upgraded instantly.
    Unfortunately I cancelled my Barclaycard 3.5 month ago and wont be able to get 100k avios

Nath4n 67 posts

I did it yesterday, in the app there was an option to upgrade, you can see the questions there (you will have to confirm before you proceed with the actual upgrade)
    It asked what is your net monthly salary and annual gross salary. since my net monthly was higher than £3330 required I adjusted the gross slightly upwards to 75k (not sure if this is necessary) and was upgraded instantly.
    Unfortunately I cancelled my Barclaycard 3.5 month ago and wont be able to get 100k avios

Thanks rio.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.