Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Splitting a reward voucher

• mrcrsearle 99 posts

Hi

Im looking in to booking the Maldives as my honeymoon. I have 220k points & a 2-4-1 voucher from the VA credit card.

I want a specific in date to depart.
    Would it cost the same to book one way – departure to guarantee these seats. And when the return us available book the return leg.
    Can I split a voucher?

Any advice be great.

Gary 293 posts

Yes and enjoy!

mrcrsearle 99 posts

Yes and enjoy!

Thanks Gary.
    So when I ring up I can split the reward voucher? Be no benefit waiting for return flight available?

Im silver status.

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

Yes, just tell the agent you want to use one half of your voucher now. I did this MCO-MAN in January. The other half of your voucher stays in your account and they will be able to see it when you book the return.

You may be left with 2 bookings (not sure as I still haven’t used the other half of my voucher), but that’s better than risking losing the MLE seats!

Gary 293 posts

Virgin CSA can book your inbound under same booking reference as the outbound when time comes to redeem the half leftover voucher.

mrcrsearle 99 posts

Thanks for your replies.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.