Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• Zoe P 30 posts

Hi all
    I am hoping someone can help me with something I am freaking out about. I am due to fly to St Lucia in CW on 19 Dec. It was done with 241 Avios. I went to have a look at what those flights would cost me in cash and the BA website said they don’t fly to St Lucia on that date. But my tickets tell me they do. I am so confused. What does this mean?
    Many thanks
    Zoe

yorkieflyer 259 posts

BA2158 is scheduled to depart St Lucia for Gatwick on the 19 Dec so I suspect that the outbound is simply full given the date

anuj 98 posts

Have you tried searching your flight number on google to see if it’s showing the flight ? Should show the status eg cancelled. And also check manage my booking and your emails to see if you’ve missed anything.

Zoe P 30 posts

Oh thank the Lord. You guys have chilled me right out!

Super Secret Stuff 364 posts

Oh thank the Lord. You guys have chilled me right out!

Just don’t be the last to check in or board as you’ll be at higher risk of being offloaded on this flight if they’ve oversold the flight! Be early

(Trying to be helpful, no need to panic, it’s a big plane so still a low %)

SamG 1,642 posts

Double checked expertflyer, definitely fully booked. It’s a very busy time for Caribbean flights as people head off for Xmas

tiriavpo 312 posts

It is a common complaint – that BA says we don’t fly to that place or on that date, when they really mean they are not currently selling tickets or that it is full. I don’t know why they can’t just say it is sold out.

NorthernLass 7,540 posts

That message comes up for all sorts of reasons, full flight, like you say, but also if you’re trying to book connecting flights and the connection time is too short, or there’s no availability in the specific cabin you picked but there is in other cabins, etc. I think they just can’t be bothered coming up with individual responses!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.