Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club British Airways status extension – April / May / June year end?

• megoi 18 posts

Any thoughts on those of us with a collection year ending April – June having their status extended?

I am going to struggle hitting even the reduced target level as business travel really hasn’t started back up and travel restrictions are tightening again.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    KP 27 posts

Really doubt it’s happening

TheEngineer 3 posts

Just received an E-mail:

We’re extending the Tier status of Executive Club Members with a Tier Point collection end date between 1 April 2022 and 30 June 2022 by another 12 months. This means that any Member renewing during this period will enjoy their Tier status for another year, irrespective of how many Tier Points they earn. You don’t need to do anything, we’ll automatically apply this to your account by the end of the first week of January.

Making it easier to upgrade
    Don’t forget, in addition to protecting your current Tier for another year, we have made it easier for you to reach the next Tier and enjoy the benefits you deserve. We’ve reduced the amount of Tier Points needed to upgrade your status by 25%. This reduced threshold will now be applicable until December 2022.

You can find out more about all the ways we are supporting you and your membership at ba.com.

With our best wishes for the festive season and the New Year,
    Your Executive Club Team

jdbeds 6 posts

Me too. Great news and good on BA.

VinZ 142 posts

Just got it too! Yay 😀

megoi 18 posts

Really doubt it’s happening

It happened 👍🏻

rum 275 posts

Just received an E-mail:

We’re extending the Tier status of Executive Club Members with a Tier Point collection end date between 1 April 2022 and 30 June 2022 by another 12 months. This means that any Member renewing during this period will enjoy their Tier status for another year, irrespective of how many Tier Points they earn. You don’t need to do anything, we’ll automatically apply this to your account by the end of the first week of January.

Making it easier to upgrade
    Don’t forget, in addition to protecting your current Tier for another year, we have made it easier for you to reach the next Tier and enjoy the benefits you deserve. We’ve reduced the amount of Tier Points needed to upgrade your status by 25%. This reduced threshold will now be applicable until December 2022.

You can find out more about all the ways we are supporting you and your membership at ba.com.

With our best wishes for the festive season and the New Year,
    Your Executive Club Team

Darn!

My status year is 8th July 🙁

pbcold 347 posts

The Christmas present I wanted. Thank you BA.

SpitfireCharlie 3 posts

Great news. We just received the same email. Pressure is off us now. We’ve been booking 5 night holidays to take advantage of the double tier points offer ( combined with the 2p Avios offer). As my wife is at Uni we could only really go up to January. We are very happy

StephenW 4 posts

+1

Deedee 2 posts

My status expires in June 2022 but I’ve now received my extension till 2023, my husband however has his tier until October 2022 and therefore has not received an extension and is not happy!!

dougzz99 623 posts

My status expires in June 2022 but I’ve now received my extension till 2023, my husband however has his tier until October 2022 and therefore has not received an extension and is not happy!!

He’s previously been extended by two years, so has little to complain about, the Apr/May/Jun extension brought that group of members level with the other months at having been extended two years.

h24821807 55 posts

By the way, I have no clue why, but my membership collection year ends on Nov. But I got an extension till Dec 2023.

FlightDoctor 6 posts

My wife and 3 kids have just been upgraded from lowly blue to bronze following a trip at Half Term. However, I see that my wife and one of the kids have expiry dates in Apr 22 and Jan 22 respectively (the other 2 are the end of the year). Will these be extended as well or is this only happening to those of us with Gold status?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    squeeler999 2 posts

Does anyone have any insight into whether the next renewal will be at full TPs or reduced (May renewal)?

FlyByNight 2 posts

I’m a July 8th year end … wonder if BA will take pity on us too ? With an expiry of Aug ’22 and still no business travel for me it seems unlikely I will get to use my Gold benefits for more than a few months (assuming I get some travel in)
    Just posting here to keep the thread going and hoping for positive news …

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.