Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Housekeeping Suggestion: blue ticks

• AirMax 31 posts

It would be good if verified knowledgeable commentators couod get a blue tick next to their name

Aston100 1,383 posts

Knowledgeable about what though?
    Lots of people on the forums appear to be very knowledgeable about a number of different things, some of which may or may not be directly related to miles & points.

That said, I’m fairly sure I read some time ago that Rob was thinking about getting assistance from some knowledgeable and/or long-term posters. Might have been to do with forum moderation possibly.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

There would have to be some form of formal accreditation – a lot of inaccurate information is posted on here as well as the helpful stuff!

AirMax 31 posts

Hmm good points.

I guess I am thinking on the lines of twitter.

« To get a blue tick, Twitter says your account “must be be authentic, notable, and active”. »

Rui N. 831 posts

Doesn’t make much sense in a forum I think. For Twitter is basically for celebrities to make sure the account is really theirs.
    I second the motion for moderators though. Rhys and Rob can’t do it all.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

What we actually need is ‘report bad post’ which lets us see stuff quickly. Speaking personally, I am reading threads where I can possible contribute but not ones where I know I have nothing to say, so I may miss something.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.