Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Supplementary / second card holder online account access

• _aDifferentSimon_ 85 posts

If you get a second card holder does it come with a new card number and can that user can access their own online online to view the account?
    (I ask as nationwide credit card comes with the same card number and my wife can not access the account to track spends – I’m hoping it operates more like amex where the supplementary card holder can see all their spends in their account)

BJ 657 posts

The SUPP adds card to their own account and can see their spend, offers etc but not yours. SUPP transactions are clearly identified on your account for you to see and reflected in your balance. Last 5 digits of card number are different for the SUPP.

RK228 204 posts

The SUPP adds card to their own account and can see their spend, offers etc but not yours. SUPP transactions are clearly identified on your account for you to see and reflected in your balance. Last 5 digits of card number are different for the SUPP.

I don’t think this advice applies to the Barclaycard Avios card to which this thread relates.

I think only main account holder has online account for Barclaycard, although card number is different, I believe.

BJ 657 posts

Yes indeed, sorry I did not notice it was Barclaycard not amex.

_aDifferentSimon_ 85 posts

thanks both

WillPS 194 posts

Amex is the only UK issuer I know of who provide access of any sort for supplementary cardholders.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.