Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Does Taste Collective 7500 bonus stack with ‘spend £200 get £75 credit’?

• bonvoy_traveller 14 posts

On my Amex Marriott Bonvoy card I have both the 7,500 bonus points when you spend £100 in certain Marriott hotel restaurants. I also have the spend £200 get £75 back at Marriott hotels.

My question is, do they stack. If I spend say £100 in the restaurant at Renaissance St Pancras, will it track as the restaurant, or the hotel itself, counting towards the £200 spend on hotels to get the £75 cash back.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Usually not. We had this discussion back in 2021 when Marriott gave Amex holders a ‘spend £400, get £400 back’ offer in London and people wanted to use it in a restaurant.

Berners Tavern at the London Edition used to count as hotel spend, presumably still does.

You’re taking a risk at any other property.

FlyingPtarmigan 53 posts

Someone previously mentioned that they had successfully asked the hotel reception to open a folio account; charged the meal “to the room”; and then paid the folio at reception. That way the bill was processed via the hotel merchant number, rather than the restaurant merchant number.

bonvoy_traveller 14 posts

As a follow up? I spent £130 in the Booking Office at the St Pancras Renaissance and then £100 at Sheraton Skyline.

I’ve received both the 7,500 bonus for dining at a hotel and the £75 for hitting the £200 spend also.

OGP 15 posts

Interestingly a pre-paid hotel spend at the Renaissance St Pancras triggered the Taste Collective offer for me, and The Booking Office spend triggered / tipped over the hotel spend offer.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.