Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Tier points change – Will I get Silver?

• nick1234 3 posts

Hi all,

Will try and explain this as easy as I can. I currently have 125 tier points with VA. I’m taking a trip with an outbound flight of 24th March and inbound 10th April. I will earn 100 points each way.

Currently the requirement to earn Silver status is 300 points, so the above would get me there, however on 1st April this is changing to 400 points. My question is, as i booked and will fly the outbound leg of my trip before the 1st April, even though the return flight is after 1st April, will I still move to Silver, or as my return leg is after 1st April, will it mean I fall into the revised tier point requirement and be at 325 with a 400 tier point requirement for Silver, so stay at Red?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers.

davefl 1,223 posts

You only accrue points when the flight is taken so the 100 for the second flight will be after the requirement changes.

So red with 325 in April once you’ve taken your second flight.

nick1234 3 posts

I was afraid that would be the case. How annoying I’ll miss Silver for the sake of 11 days! 🙁

davefl 1,223 posts

C’est la vie. I’ve had silver for 15 months and it’ll expire before I have had chance to use it properly.

The only thing it got me was priority boarding on one US internal delta flight.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.