Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• Indy500 150 posts

I’ve just ‘gone bronze’ ans need another 160 for Silver before November. I’ve got 100 coming from one other Athens flight [Club o/b, Economy i/b. The o/b was a £20 upgrade they offered last year, i/b isn’t available]. So I actually need 60 points before Nov. Any suggestions folks? Thanks

Richie 986 posts

A weekend trip to Spain. Somewhere via Madrid for extra TPs, with at least one sector LON-MAD in CE. Someetimes adding a flight+hotel deal can be good. Double check that you’ll have the 4 eligible flights.

kevind 46 posts

Hey. I’m in a similar boat. Doing a risky Tier Point run to USA with AA to earn 640 TPs which will bring me to 1130 TPs 6 days before my year ends on 8th October. Just scraping into Gold for the first time by 5 points. I wouldn’t mind being a little bit safer just incase one of the USA legs is cancelled. I think a reasonably cheap European hop, even same day hop over and back to get 80 TPs would make me feel a bit more at ease. Suggestions welcome! I live in Belfast, so ex-DUB is an option to LCY in CE, which I will probably bank a day or two before year end just incase.

kevind 46 posts

I’ve just ‘gone bronze’ ans need another 160 for Silver before November. I’ve got 100 coming from one other Athens flight [Club o/b, Economy i/b. The o/b was a £20 upgrade they offered last year, i/b isn’t available]. So I actually need 60 points before Nov. Any suggestions folks? Thanks

I did a quick search there for you and LHR-Warsaw, BA Cub Europe, same day return for £256 on 7th November. Cutting it fine I know! A cancelation would mean game over for this year.

yonasl 953 posts

Go to Google flights and select your main airport (LON) for instance, a set of dates and then click the map. You can then filter on One World companies only and play with the dates until you find a good match.

When I had to do a short TP run Prague was a great destination. You get 80 TPs, the city is small and accommodation and food reasonable. Be careful with places like Madrid or similar as accommodation can be very expensive if you plan on staying a few days.

ChrisC 956 posts

If you’re in London a back to back to somewhere like AMS or EDI would work where you decant off the plane into the gate area and so csn get straight back onto the flight back

Of course spend the day / weekend in either city

80 TPs in club.

Indy500 150 posts

If you’re in London a back to back to somewhere like AMS or EDI would work where you decant off the plane into the gate area and so csn get straight back onto the flight back

Of course spend the day / weekend in either city

80 TPs in club.

Thanks, EDI looks to be the deal. So once I achieve Silver which will run through 2023, do I just drop back to Bronze for ’24?

ChrisC 956 posts

Plase read the flyer talk guide I posted on your other thread it will answer all your questions

sm 178 posts

Good morning. I need 20 tier points to retain bronze ( first time ever bronze 😊).
    Due to travel this month with my family to Corfu on reward flight.

Thinking of booking a ET cash fare Corfu to London ( class L and 20 TP ) but wondered if it would be easy to cancel myself from the reward booking of 4 pax. Or just not ‘show up’ for inbound avios flight ( im guessing I’d still need to check in for rest of family)
    I am the one that made booking.
    Thank you in advance.

Froggee 901 posts

Assuming it isn’t an Amex 241 booking, it should be easy to remove yourself from the booking (at a cost of £35).

I think the strong advice is never to book yourself on a flight twice as BA’s IT can detect this and will cancel one of the bookings, quite possibly the one you want to use.

sm 178 posts

Assuming it isn’t an Amex 241 booking, it should be easy to remove yourself from the booking (at a cost of £35).

I think the strong advice is never to book yourself on a flight twice as BA’s IT can detect this and will cancel one of the bookings, quite possibly the one you want to use.

Thanks Froggee. It was a £1 in ‘taxes/fees’ booking. So still charged at £35?

Indy500 150 posts

I’m near Southampton so could use Loganair for my tier point run to Edinburgh. Can I earn tier points on these flights? Thanks.

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

I don’t think so but could be wrong. However, they definitely won’t count towards your 4 qualifying flights, these have to be on BA, but it sounds like you have these already.

Shamrock 2 posts

Hi All, I booked a Economy Low (N) which comes with 10 Tier points. BA canceled my flight and rebooked me with BA another seat.

Will I get the same Tier Points as I originally booked (N) or could they give me lower Tier points (Q, O, G)?

Thanks

dougzz99 623 posts

Hey. I’m in a similar boat. Doing a risky Tier Point run to USA with AA to earn 640 TPs which will bring me to 1130 TPs 6 days before my year ends on 8th October. Just scraping into Gold for the first time by 5 points. I wouldn’t mind being a little bit safer just incase one of the USA legs is cancelled. I think a reasonably cheap European hop, even same day hop over and back to get 80 TPs would make me feel a bit more at ease. Suggestions welcome! I live in Belfast, so ex-DUB is an option to LCY in CE, which I will probably bank a day or two before year end just incase.

I’d sit tight. If they cancel a leg and rebook you whilst you’re travelling you can claim ‘Original Flight Credit’ and get the TP anyway. If they rearrange things before you travel then you could find your own routing that again earns you the expected TP. If you’re going to be at 1130TP that’s fine.
    What do you mean by a risky TP run? The only usual risk is being in place for the the first leg, after that the risk is with the airline to accommodate you if they suffer delays or cancellations.

Billyk 2 posts

I’m near Southampton so could use Loganair for my tier point run to Edinburgh. Can I earn tier points on these flights? Thanks.

I believe that if you book a ba codeshare on any operator that will count as a qualifying flight.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.